• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why do ppl assume that just because you are plus size your not healthy

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:56 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 293 Total Views

OK so i am 32 weeks pregnant. my sugar levels and blood pressure have been great from the beginning. i walk to and from work every day and i have a  car. i don't eat fast food or too much sweets or anything  like that. i am overweight because i am a emotional eater. before i found that i was preggers i had already lost 20 lbs because i wanted to get back on track. well anyway most of my family members have been calling my sister to find out how i was doing but when my sister says she fine and doing great they say REALLY!!!!!!! shes not sick or on bed rest why is that?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Steph8604
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I know what you are talking about I am only 14 weeks now and this is my second pregnancy and I was over weight for my first but nothing like now,but everyone who finds out I am pregnant they wonder why I would do something like that when I am as heavy as I am and the baby is going to have problems and blah blah blah......I hate it but I am happy so screw all them.

jfrancis91680
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I KNOW MY COWORKER HAS CONSTANTLY MENTIONED BED REST AND PRE TERM LABOR SINCE I TOLD HER I WAS PREGNANT ITS SO ANNOYING.

frustrated

Steph8604
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I get everything I eat and drink critiqued to make sure that I do not eat something or drink something bad for me. It is very annoying, the only good thing is my DR doesnt say anything because I had a great first pregnancy so it is great when the DR is supportive, family wishes I would have lost more weight before I got pregnant. I was 350 when I found out and am down to 333 due to the all day morning sickness.

Sheila_Kaye
by on May. 27, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I know what you mean momma, I get the same thing all the time. But then i just smile and say well my doc says that everything is perfectly fine and that my baby is healthy and her opinion is all that matters to me anyway. People snark after i say it, but hey! you didn't mind bein rude to me so i say put it right back on em'. Plus sized mommies do it better baby! Best believe it!good

Simply_Janeen
by on May. 27, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I hear you! I'm actually in better shape this pregnancy than I was my last, haven't gained any weight really at all since I lost weight, and I can't even get a freaking trial of labor from the OB at the hospital I went to because my BMI is over 40. It makes me SO MAD! I am NOT scheduling a cesarean JUST because of my weight! Yes, I had a cesarean with my daughter but that doesn't mean that I can't have a VBAC now. Just makes me SO MAD! I have no pre-e or GD (passed the three hour test) so I'm just really frustrated with the whole thing right now. There are more risks to someone my weight getting surgery than there is letting someone my weight have a VBAC so I just really want to smack some of these people. It's just not fair.

Janeen

Wife to John since 2003, Mom to Natalie (4), and expecting number 2 July 2010.

Eponine22
by New Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:07 AM

I am so with you on this! I'm healthy execpt for the extra pounds. I eat healthily (only a few sweets) and workout regulary. All this before I was preggers. I've barely had to change what I do or eat now that I'm pregnant becuase I had the healthy habits before. As I research pregnancy, especially plus size, I'm am insulted by the amount of negative articles written about how horrible and selfish fat people are for getting pregnant. There are some health risks for sure but more often than not a plus size will have a healthy pregnancy if they keep healthy habits. I can't help but think these articles are written with a 600lb fast food eating pregnant woman in mind. F*ck them all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)