Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello ALL - Glad there is a section for us

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:12 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 224 Total Views

I'm glad there is a section for plus sized and pregnant. All you hear are horror stories and statistics that make you want curl into a ball and cry. I know there are truely complications and higher risks but I believe a responsible plus size will more likely than not have a healthy pregnancy.

That said... I'm nervous about my first appointment. It's my first baby and I'm not comfortable with my husband looking down there let alone a starnger. I've accepted that my lower half is now open to the public and random medical strangers now that I'm pregnant. Still a bit unnerving but I guess I'll get used to it. Anyon else go through this?

Crazy or not, I'm worred my extra belly fat will crush my embryo when I bend or lean forward. I'm sure I'm just parnoid. 

Thanks for listening to my rambles :) I look foward to getting to know you all.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amberwaves26
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:19 PM

LoL Yes u are paranoid!! :-) Its ok we are all paranoid especially the first time around!! Dont worry and enjoy it you wont crush your baby and you can have a wonderful 100 percent normal pregnancy!!!  My DR told me last time I was born to have babies and I was 300 plus pounds then!! You will do great!

Eponine22
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:10 AM

aleigh81
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:08 AM

I'm terrified too because I'm obese but I went to the dr on Friday and everything was ok and he didnt say anything to me. I see my regular ob next wed and we'll see if she says anything!! 

michelle856
by Member on Jul. 5, 2010 at 9:42 PM

I had a lot of worries due to my weight in the beginning but nothing was justified. I'm 24 weeks along, I lost almost 40lbs the first 20 weeks of the pregnancy, am finally gaining now. Gained 5 pounds in the last month :)  Try to relax and enjoy the process!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)