Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When will I show? Work woes...

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:41 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 294 Total Views

My Situation:
I just got a wonderful job but the timing of my hiring had something to do with my coworker (the only other person who does what I do)  going on maternity leave. Just as she left my little one was starting life. It's a stressful time at my job, the company isn't doing too well and lay offs are in the air. To no add extra stress, I was hoping I could hide it at least until my coworker comes back in my mid 2nd trimester (I think).

The Question:
I'm about 80lbs over weight, BMI 37. I was wondering if anyone of my size can tell me what weeks I might start  to show? It's my first preg. and I've heard plus size show later. I'm hour glass shaped, most fat in my hips, thighs and gut. Thanks

~ Eponine22 ~

Pregnancy%20ticker
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kaitsmom1220
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:41 AM

Its different with everyone. I can't really say because I wasn't overweight with my first but was with my second and third. I think even when we do start to grow people are scared to ask because they don't know for sure and don't want to hurt our feelings. With my 2nd I was 18 weeks before you could tell really and if I had wore baggier clothes I might have lasted longer. Just don't say anything until they ask.

michelle856
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Hi. I'm 22 weeks along and it really depends on what I am wearing.  I think hiding your belly will not bea problem. My issue the first trimester was morning sickness off and on all times of the day and having the pee a lot. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Mrs.AmandaD.
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:20 AM

I'm about your size and I am 26 weeks and showing, but some ppl don't know for sure if I'm preggo or just fatter.  If you don't say anything they probably won't say anything.

Eponine22
by New Member on Jun. 29, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Thanks! This has been helpful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)