Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obese & pregnant

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 11:18 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 4664 Total Views

I just found out I am pregnant. I don't know if it's all of the hormones, but the thought of my weight makes me want to vomit. I feel like a nasty fat blob and I am hating my size. I want to eat right and excercise during pregnancy in hopes that I will come out of this looking like a hot momma. Right now I am 270 lbs. I don't think I could live with myself if I ever got to be more then that. I thought I'd die if I ever got larger the 250...but after marriage I started packing on an extra 30. Yes, back in November 2009 I was 280...but I had an appendectomy which took care of 10lbs. I don't know what I expect from this posting. I guess I am just venting.

by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elmoslittlesist
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself..You're beautiful and you are about to emabark on an amazing journey..Right now,just take care of yourself as you normally would and after the baby is born,THEN if you want to,work on loosing a few pounds..Love yourself :-)

lupi73
by Member on Aug. 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

It's ok to vent!  I feel your pain and it's a mental battle for me to be overweightand pregnant gaining weight when all my life I have tried to lose weight.  So when I see the numbers going up on the scale my reaction is to cut back and "diet" but I don't and I just tell myself that I have fought so hard for this precious gift that I am carrying that I am going to enjoy every moment of being pregnant.  My husband and I had to go through 4+ years of trying to get pregnant with no success and finally had to resort to IVF due to male factor infertility, so for me to now be sitting here at 20 weeks pregnant and almost 37 years old is a blessing and a miracle!  So eat healthy and exercise as recommended by your Dr and ENJOY the miracle that is growing inside of you and later you can focus on yourself and take care of those extra pounds that you gained during the pregnancy! 

Steph8604
by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!! I felt the same way hence why I was on birth control but depo failed for me two times, with my son I gained 30 lbs and now I am 26 weeks and up 5 lbs. I am 345 lbs or more not sure havent checked my weight in a couple of weeks. I have been watching what I eat by eating a lot of fruit and veggies exercise is limited for me because the baby is sitting on my pelvic bone causing me a lot of pain, it hurts so bad I can barely walk some days.

I would look for a good OB not one who is going to bash you due to weight I went through 3 before I found my current OB and I absolutely love her, and just enjoy the amazing journey, eat and exercise to help maintain not to loose. Im around if you ever need someone to chat with.

Excitedforbaby
by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 4:18 PM

My doc told me that if I don't gain a lb all pregnancy- it's OK.   I lost 17lbs in the first trimester from feeling so gross and have only gained 1lb since!  It'll be okay Mama :)

SusieQue717
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 3:39 PM

you know, large women usually don't gain that much weight, I personally have lost 20 lbs since getting preggers I'm 26 weeks and have only gained 2 back so far... you can walk and eat lots of fruit and veggies, if they don't make you feel like puking... just to kinda feel better about yourself... swimming is #1 for me... If you weren't feeling good about yourself before you got pregnant, you can't expect to start feeling good about yourself now... just go with the flow darling, and try to remember that what you are doing right now, creating a life, is amazing!

cc2babes
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Oh sweetie I hear ya! I was told that we were going to have issues getting pregnant and was going to go on Clomid but low and behold what i thought was the start of Aunt Flo was actually the implantaion! I am currently 279 and 5-10! and Pregnant with TWINS!! I feel sooo big but have actually lost a few pounds! Hang in there! You have to look out for the baby then your self! It will be ok this place is an amazing place to vent! you have support on here

mommy2pbs
by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 1:08 PM

i feel the same way . and it scares me to think i have to get bigger so my baby can grow i just found out i was preggers about 3 weeks ago and im at 280 pounds i just hope that i will stay healthy enough for me and the baby. good luck with your pregnency

Tink1204
by Member on Sep. 8, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Congrates! How far along are you? We might be close. I'm 12 weeks as of yesterday.  I'm also plus size. I'm about 250 right now and 5'3. I try not to think about my weight and think of the wonderful life inside me. Feel free to email me to talk or vent.

1angelsmommie
by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I'm at 28wks started at 247 & am still at 247. I lost 10lbs my first trimester & am now back to my pre-preggo weight! Doc sayes this is great & I will more than likely lose weight once I deliver! So excited about that. You will be just fine!! Lots of support here!

Quoting Tink1204:

Congrates! How far along are you? We might be close. I'm 12 weeks as of yesterday.  I'm also plus size. I'm about 250 right now and 5'3. I try not to think about my weight and think of the wonderful life inside me. Feel free to email me to talk or vent.

christina.1980
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2010 at 11:47 AM

I am only 5' and 231 and 9 weeks pregnant. I am horrified by my weight. I have 3 other kids and was this heavy at the end of my pregnancy not the begining. So am a bit nervous. I have been put on modified bedrest due to a tear in the placenta and have first appointment tomorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN