Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just found out I am pregnant. I don't know if it's all of the hormones, but the thought of my weight makes me want to vomit. I feel like a nasty fat blob and I am hating my size. I want to eat right and excercise during pregnancy in hopes that I will come out of this looking like a hot momma. Right now I am 270 lbs. I don't think I could live with myself if I ever got to be more then that. I thought I'd die if I ever got larger the 250...but after marriage I started packing on an extra 30. Yes, back in November 2009 I was 280...but I had an appendectomy which took care of 10lbs. I don't know what I expect from this posting. I guess I am just venting.

by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 11:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
motherlioness
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 8:26 PM

I am 32 years of age, overweight (266 pounds) and I am 7 weeks pregnant. There is a chance that I may possibly be pregnant with twins! (Thrilled at the thought) : )  I already have 4 children (3 girls and a boy)....my baby boy is 6 years old now....My Husband and I wanted to have another baby and i wanted to wait until I at least lose some weight, but......oooops! ...lol....Besides, the new baby(or babies) and my youngest will be so far apart in age : (  I think that it is so much better when the kids are closer in age, and we didn't want them to be even further apart.  Anyways...we are sooo excited! (I am actually going through a bunch of different emotions) I am concerned about my health as well as the health of the baby (or babies). I was diagnosed with hypertension last year due to my obesity. I haven't had any problems with high blood pressure since last year. I am praying that me and baby will make it through in great health. I am eating healthy and walking...hopefully I will lose some inches if not pounds : ) I will not do any dieting....but now I really have some extra motivation to be healthier than ever....

kittiecat88
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I don't think I will be much help, seeing as I feel the exact same way :( I almost feel like i'm not going to be able to enjoy my pregnancy as much because i'm 250 :'( BUT... we WILL make it thru this! And we will have healthy beautiful babies. :)

erinhoffman
by on Oct. 11, 2011 at 11:50 AM
Hi everyone I share all of your concerns as well I'm 4'10 and I was 198lbs I'm now 19 weeks and 4 days and I weigh 207. And I'm concerned about gaining more with my first I started at 235lbs lost 35 and only put back on 4lbs. So I feel mortified that I have gained 9lbs alread. I have 6 days till I find out if its boy or girl I'm hopeing boy since you usually gain more with boys it would make me feel better . I just worry that since I am already having huge problems with blood pressure and I'm on partical bed rest I don't want to gain any more it scares me to think I'm going to have another early baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Oct. 21, 2011 at 4:57 AM

everytime I try and lose weight is when I get pregnant!

yeah I just read an article that said it is still safe for obese pregnant women to lose weight while pregnant but should discuss how with a nutritionist.  I also plan on exercising throughout my pregnancy once I figure out what is safe for each trimester.  I also read about this diet method called carb cycling that I am thinking of trying once I talk to my doc, which is higher carbs one day and lower carbs the next day, basically keeping your body guessing.  It is not low carb just lower carb.

Hapril
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 8:15 AM
I am 26 pregnant with my first and 329.so nervous if someone could email me personally that was that over weight and let me know how it went aprilhooker85@yahoo.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Mayse
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Im the same way... **hugs**

jlm2012
by on May. 17, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I am basically in the same boat. I'm also 270. Right before i found out I was pregnant I had lost 8 pounds. I try not to be too hard on myself but sometimes it's difficult not to be! I don't like the thought of gaining more weight.

rachel5577
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:46 AM

,Hia im 273lbs and im TTC, have been for around 8-9 months with no luck, any help would be brilliant :) x

KatieFlower
by New Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Hi

You are beautiful

Just do your best to eat healthy, I bet you won't gain too much during your pregnancy, dont worry about the extra 20-30 which will come right off after the baby comes.

Hugs

VeeLeigh
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I'm 5'3 and at 254.  I almost cried when i saw how much.  I started a new job where I sit all day (my previous job was the opposite) and I've gained 10lbs in 3 months.  I had a breakdown one night and just cried.  My husband had no clue what to do.  I'm not happy with my weight, but I've come to terms with it.  I'm eating healthier and I'm trying to walk more. 

With my first pregnancy, I gained 10 lbs in 7 1/2 months because my job was so active.  I was laid off and in one month, i gained another 10.  eeek.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)