Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New mommy

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 298 Total Views
Hi ladies my name is Erica and I'm currently expecting my second child. I'm 9 weeks and 4 days due Jan 13 and I'm plus size. I'm so happy I found a group that I can relate to. Im a part of other groups but majority of the women are small and so they're showing starting to show but unfortunately that won't be me for a while. But enough about me how are you ladies???
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Grungalax
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:50 AM

I guess this group is a pretty quiet one since I'm the first to respond...

Anyway, Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to the group! I'm not currently pregnant, but I like to keep this as a group to try and be supportive. I am a SAHM of 4 babies, my youngest is 9 months now, and I've been plus sized for all of my pregnancies. I always felt bad while I was pregnant because I knew that nobody really noticed I was pregnant most of the time. 

This group helped me feel a whole lot better about it when I found it and I hope it helps you too!

Mrswalker2012
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Thanks. Yeah I was wondering if anybody was active in this group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Mayse
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Yea sadly no one ever responds in this group. Which stinks because it would be nice to have a group of women to relate too. Any who, congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Here's to a wonderfully easy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Are you wanting a specific gender? I'm currently 34 weeks pregnant and will be welcoming my 4th daughter August 2nd via repeat c section (my 3rd)! I am a sahm as well but will be starting nursing school in January! Its very nice to meet you: )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrswalker2012
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Thanks yes I actually want another boy. I just think they're easier but either way I'm happy. I just made 11 weeks yesterday so I still have a looong way to go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MizSaydee
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I'm responding! :D I keep forgetting about Cafemom...and I see posts from 2 years ago and its depressing lol. I am 34 weeks pregnant tomorrow and gonna go VBAC. :) A friend of mine really opened my eyes about birth. I'm not one of those crazy birth advocates, but I do believe in natural birth and do believe the US has a messed up view of birth. I really suggest to everyone I meet to watch the Business of Being Born. It's on Netflix! :D I loved the documentary and the creepy thing is that the example of the pitocin fueled hospital birth was almost exactly how my birth went except my C-section was technically voluntary..although they didn't  bother to tell me that at the time.

With my first child, I weighed 300 pre-pregnancy and ended up weighing 342 at the end of it. With this one, I was 355 pre pregnancy and I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and 356. :D I lost 20 pounds at the beginning and am eating SO much better so that is helping. I'm pretty healthy other than my weight. My doctors./midwives tried so hard to find something wrong with me...but there's nothing! I had 2 GD tests, my blood pressure is great, all my blood tests are great and I've had FOUR ultrasounds so far...one specifically because my fundal height was measuring big (well..I have the hanging flap belly thing from my first pregnancy...plus I'm fat lol) and I was expecting a big baby since my first was 11 1/2 pounds, but nope...this one is going to be smaller. LOL! 

Also, I have one boy and am having another boy. :D WOO! 

i just like to share my half story...most people think holy shit 350! you're a blob! lol...I'm not. I'm an active momma and I can outwalk my husband (who is 100 pounds less than me!) AND my energetic almost 5 year old. :D We went to DC earlier this year (the zoo) and they were tired and ready to go home and I was ready to go to another museum haha. I did pay for it with leg pain for the next week though haha! :D

So, nice to meet you! 

Mrswalker2012
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Nice to meet you too

Quoting MizSaydee:

I'm responding! :D I keep forgetting about Cafemom...and I see posts from 2 years ago and its depressing lol. I am 34 weeks pregnant tomorrow and gonna go VBAC. :) A friend of mine really opened my eyes about birth. I'm not one of those crazy birth advocates, but I do believe in natural birth and do believe the US has a messed up view of birth. I really suggest to everyone I meet to watch the Business of Being Born. It's on Netflix! :D I loved the documentary and the creepy thing is that the example of the pitocin fueled hospital birth was almost exactly how my birth went except my C-section was technically voluntary..although they didn't  bother to tell me that at the time.

With my first child, I weighed 300 pre-pregnancy and ended up weighing 342 at the end of it. With this one, I was 355 pre pregnancy and I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and 356. :D I lost 20 pounds at the beginning and am eating SO much better so that is helping. I'm pretty healthy other than my weight. My doctors./midwives tried so hard to find something wrong with me...but there's nothing! I had 2 GD tests, my blood pressure is great, all my blood tests are great and I've had FOUR ultrasounds so far...one specifically because my fundal height was measuring big (well..I have the hanging flap belly thing from my first pregnancy...plus I'm fat lol) and I was expecting a big baby since my first was 11 1/2 pounds, but nope...this one is going to be smaller. LOL! 

Also, I have one boy and am having another boy. :D WOO! 

i just like to share my half story...most people think holy shit 350! you're a blob! lol...I'm not. I'm an active momma and I can outwalk my husband (who is 100 pounds less than me!) AND my energetic almost 5 year old. :D We went to DC earlier this year (the zoo) and they were tired and ready to go home and I was ready to go to another museum haha. I did pay for it with leg pain for the next week though haha! :D

So, nice to meet you! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)