Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Here-Looking for Advice

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 429 Total Views

Hi everyone!  This is my first post on here.  I am 32 years old and just found out I am pregnant with our first child.  (I am about 5 weeks along and used Clomid)  A couple weeks ago I weighed in at 303.  Before I even knew I was pregnant I started changing to healthier eating habits and am only drinking water.  Today I weighed in at 296.

I had a miscarriage last year at 9.5 weeks.  Of course, this makes me nervous/more paranoid this go round, but so far the symptoms have been far more intense and it feels "different" if that makes sense.

One thing that worries me is my weight.  I have been taking medication for high blood pressure for about 5 years, so that is my primary concern going into things.  I am doing very well right now eating healthy, and plan to continue.  Just looking for others who have had experiences having a child at a higher weight. 

Also, I noticed for about the past 3-4 days, at night when I am trying to sleep, I will have a higher heart rate.  (has been up to 110)  Is this normal?  From being pregnant and body changes?  Its a little scary when its happening, just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced it.  It feels like my heart is beating so loud and strong.  

Thanks in advance!!!  :)

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mrs.Mayse
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Hi mama and congrats! When I found out I was pregnant I weighed in at 297, the biggest I've ever been. And was worried to death I was going to gain so much more weight or I'd lose the baby. I have no medical problems such as high BP or Diabetes, I spoke openly with my doctor about my concerns and have really been watching what I eat and how much. Today I am 35 weeks and 4 days pregnant and anxiously awaiting my little girls arrival via c section (due to my 2nd daughter being breech, I have 3 older girls ages 9,5,&3) I have only gained 11lbs with this pregnancy. in the beginning at times my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest, I would rest for a few minutes and sip water. At night sleep slightly elevated if your comfortable on your back, or lay on your left side (this is the best position for blood flow to you and baby & will be the only way you can sleep later in pregnancy) hope this helps, u can message me when ever if you have a question or wanna talk I've noticed this group is pretty dead! Good luck: )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dynamitestep
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I was told that as am overweight pg person...there is no need to gain a great deal of weight due to the fact that you already have the weight already on you.don't goo overshoes and east everything in site and you should be fine.add far add you heart...i have an irregular heartbeat and tend to race a bit too. Try not to lie on you back...it puts more pressure on your chest and overall try to relax.congratulations
Grungalax
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I have been plus-sized for most of my life and through all 5 of my pregnancies. Sometimes its hard for me because people just don't look at you when you weigh so much and think that you could be pregnant. The least I've weighed during a pregnancy was about 260. That was the first one and due to problems with my gall bladder I ended up loosing weight throughout the pregnancy. Doctors kinda don't like it when that happens. I've also had doctors that treated me poorly because of my weight. Right now I'm on pregnancy 5 and somewhere around 320 lbs. My current doctor still doesn't want me loosing weight though. It's frustrating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN