Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to make brushing her hair less painful for her????

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 7:05 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 443 Total Views

My daughter is 2, and she has well I don't know how to explain her hair, her dad is black and i am white....her hair is soft and tangley like mine, and if unmaintained it gets really nappy! i can't put braidds in her hair thats where my type of hair comes in, the braids start fallin apart a couple hours after she gets them done!

I try to brush her hair everyday but she fights with me everytime, her hair gets really nappy and snarley, and i was wondering what works with kids, to get the snarles out to make it easier to brush?? i use water and that helps some....but i have to use a widetooth comb to comb it out and i just don't know what to do! help me!

by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
joheilismom
by Member on Jun. 27, 2011 at 11:19 PM

i use just a water bottle and spray her hair but that works because when i brush her hair i put in a hand full of conditioner and leave it in like i would with gel so the next day when i spray water it makes it so easy to brush. then i add more and leave it in. Also maybe a detangler can help. or just mix conditioner and water in a spray bottle and try that. i never used one but my sister does and that works for her.

heathermarie23
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2011 at 1:56 AM

maybe try putting a little conditioner in her hair?!

extremelibrary
by Member on Jun. 30, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Would spraying hair detangler work?

Livv066
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Sounds like my DD's hair. I use a olive oil(just a little bit), and water mixture-I spray it in her hair before brushing. It does wonders!!! 

michiganmom2011
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 9:14 PM

I leave a little bit of conditioner in her hair. I spray water on her hair in the mornings and use a wide tooth comb. I bought this hair product on tv called WEN. It works awesome! I tried everything and nothing worked as well. It's a bit expensive but it works well. Look it up on the internet. At night I also braid her hair after putting conditioner in it (not a ton) and in the morning it is more manageable for me. Good luck....after 8 years I have finally found something that works wonders. Trust me...I have spent more money on hair products for her than myself. lol

Livv066
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Also, I start at the ends, at the back of her head and work my way forward. I use the clips hair-dressers use to pin-up the hair on top. 

jmnewmommy
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Same as my hair. lol. I use a leave in conditioner, and having a spray bottle just with plan 'ol water in it is ver necissary. I wouldn't recomend using a brush (all those teeth always hurt a lot) but always use a wide tooth comb.

NordicAngel
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I use "pink stuff" in my DD's hair and it works pretty well.  I also use a comb rather than a brush.

MommyLehr
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Dounds like your DD's hair is just like my girls. 

I usually comb their hair out while they are in the tub. Wash it only once or twice a week and on the nights that i do was their hair i put one of these in it, mostly just the olive oil it helps keep it soft and not get nappy. 

I

I comb their hair in the tub then they get out and towel dry it a little then put the olive oil in, comb it again and sometimes i will put a bandana or a wave cap on so it soaks into her hair better and then in the morning when i am getting them ready for the day i spray water on it and comb it through again. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

save the date

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)