Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair advice!!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:14 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 417 Total Views
Hello everyone, I need some advice on what to use on my almost 2 year old daughter hair. She's half Mexican and half black her hair is long goes down pass the middle of her back, the texture of her hair feels like mine (I'm Mexican ), however it is combination hair of spirrow curls and straight hair. The hair closes to her neck is super straight the rest is spirrow waves, her baby hair on her four head is tiny spirrow curls, the problem I'm dealing with is keeping her curls in, I've been using Fantasia leave in conditioner and her hair looks real nice at first than the curls seem to weigh down. Any advice on wat to use. Sorry for such a long
post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dmays
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Motions hair lotion or just for me hair milk...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffani_qt2001
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I like Mixed chicks for my daughter, a few of my friends have used Divacurls and like it.

stacey1103
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I use Curls kids line. It's for curly/ethnic hair. My kids are black/white/Puerto Rican.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alicechavez13
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Thanks for the advice,Im gonna try some of these out.
inlovewithmy2
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:50 PM

where can u find these products? my daughter is a quarter black and 75% white but has a curly fro that i have no idea what to do with as my hair is straight!!!

tiffani_qt2001
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

If you go to the mixed chicks website it will tell you where it can be purchased. The only place in like a 100 mile radius from me is called Urban Hair supply and salon lol

But they are becoming more poplular so more places may start selling it.

Quoting inlovewithmy2:

where can u find these products? my daughter is a quarter black and 75% white but has a curly fro that i have no idea what to do with as my hair is straight!!!

MommyKir
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Try the products the other ladies are suggesting. and use a diffuser when you blow dry her hair.

stacey1103
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I have to order mine online. There are salons and stores on their store locator, it nothing close to me. Curls says Target is selling their stuff now, but every time I go there, its never the kids line.
TexanMomOf6
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I am mostly white with a touch of black and American Indian. I started using sulfate free shampoos and silicone free conditioners on my coarse, heavy, thick, dry-looking hair. What a difference it made. SOOO much softer and shiny too! My sister noticed the difference and she started doing it too. Her hair looks a good 2 inches longer now!  I highly recommend y'all read about it on the "Curly Girl" website.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)