Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group.. and already need advice.. lol

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 225 Total Views

Hello everyone, 

My name is Shanitra, but my friends call me Ni (Nee). A little about myself. I am the mother of a BEAUTIFUL 3 year old little boy, i am engaged to the most wonderful woman i have ever come across in my life, and i am a college student who SHOULD be graduating this December with my BS in Psychology. My son is black and white mixed. His father is only white, but i am mixed with Native American, black, white, and German. Ok, enough about this... my question... So, my son has this beautiful curly, sandy brown hair and up until just recently, hypoallergenic, fragrance free children's shampoo had been doing the trick, but now it is starting to dry his curls out and i have noticed him scratching more (not a whole lot). He has eczema, so i have to be careful what i use in his hair and on his skin, so i am having a problem finding hair products to try for him that wont dry out his scalp or cause irritation. Someone recommended this product called Hawaiian Silky 14-1 spray, so we tried it tonight for the first time (praying he doesn't wake up covered in red spots or anything), but i still feel i need a good shampoo and conditioner.. so , to sum this up (YES, i am usually long-winded.. lol), does anyone have any advice/suggestions?!? PLEASE HELP... the pics i have on here is my son, BTW.. 

thanks in advance..

by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MomTiara19
by Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Awhh what a cutey.I like to use V05 cream on my daughters hair.

LoveMyJellyBean
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Thank you. Well I bought him some jojoba shampoo and conditioner and that seems to be doing a wonderful job. And I use the 14 in 1 stuff I bought the other day. I have noticed a huge difference and so far, no skin irritation. Praying for the best. Thank you for the reply. I was feeling lonely in here.
msclover70
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Your son is beautiful. i have a closet full of products but i finds what works best for my daughter hair. Right now i use Shea Moisture its natural with coconut oil, silk protein, and neem oil. it's not overly expensive i even use it on my hair. Welcome to the grouphow are you

ms-superwoman
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Mixed Chicks works like a charm. Also Curls by Paul Mitchell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)