Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why does it matter so much to white girls?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:18 PM
  • 27 Replies
  • 673 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I hope this doesnt come off as sounding judgemental or like im trying to talk shit but it seems like in this group and a couple other groups that are about biracial children alot of the posts are from caucasion females concerned that their children are too light or dont look black enough and I was just curious why does it even matter?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msclover70
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM
I didn't mean to like this, cause I don't agree with it. Sorry
ms-superwoman
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I've never seen one of these post but ok...

MsLogansMommy
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:25 PM
I can count at least 7 posts where they asking is he going to get darker or why is she so light smh just love your babies for who they are

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

So maybe they are just curious to know if their kids are going to get darker... How is asking if their child will get darker equate to being concerned about not being black enough? Or not loving their babies? Sorry, I am just not understanding your train of thought.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

I can count at least 7 posts where they asking is he going to get darker or why is she so light smh just love your babies for who they are

Quoting ms-superwoman:

MsLogansMommy
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:44 PM
I'm just curious why it is so important it shouldn't be. You should love your child no matter what shade they are I know a girl that told me its easy for you to say because your dd is dark. That is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard I love my child because of who she is not because of how dark she is I just think it is ridiculous how many posts are asking why their kids hair isn't curlier or why do people not think their kid is black it just seems like these girls are with brothas because of their race n not because of their character like when I hear a girl say she only dates black men if I was a black man I would find that insulting cause basically the female is saying she wants him only because of something he had nothing to do with not because of his own unique individual characteristics

Quoting ms-superwoman:

So maybe they are just curious to know if their kids are going to get darker... How is asking if their child will get darker equate to being concerned about not being black enough? Or not loving their babies? Sorry, I am just not understanding your train of thought.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

ms-superwoman
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Yea if you look at it that way it seem pretty ridiculous for mother to think like that. But from the people I know it isn't really important but just a curiosity. I would assume that people would just be curious. Especially people who have never been around mixed children, some people just don't know. lol

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

I'm just curious why it is so important it shouldn't be. You should love your child no matter what shade they are I know a girl that told me its easy for you to say because your dd is dark. That is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard I love my child because of who she is not because of how dark she is I just think it is ridiculous how many posts are asking why their kids hair isn't curlier or why do people not think their kid is black it just seems like these girls are with brothas because of their race n not because of their character like when I hear a girl say she only dates black men if I was a black man I would find that insulting cause basically the female is saying she wants him only because of something he had nothing to do with not because of his own unique individual characteristics

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

gavs4boys
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:09 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm white and I have noticed that also.  Me personally, I don't care how light or dark my child is or will be.  I can't control that so why worry about it.

MomTiara19
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I noticed these types of posts too and this really disturbs me.Why marry someone of a different race and then worry about your childs skin tone......twisted??

CrystalLMaben
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:43 PM
I personally don't care how light or dark my ds is but others seem to. Ppl ask my dh if he's sure he's the father cuz my 6 mth old has straight hair and light skin
amc1518
by New Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that people just don't understand the genetics behind it.  I don't think people mean to be insulting...they are just curious and unsure.  Don't judge. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)