Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll question:

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2015 at 12:40 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 811 Total Views

Poll

Question: Were your parents upset when they found out you were having a bi-racial baby?

Options:

I don't think so

No not at all

Yes but they got over it

Yes they still are

Yes very much so

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

by on Mar. 24, 2015 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firsttimemom252
by Member on Mar. 25, 2015 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

My parents weren't upset...they love my son to death

sammy_lynn
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2015 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

My parents and some relatives eventually got over it, but most of my family are still upset.

brittsboys
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2015 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My mil did not say it but I felt it for sure. I think when she imagined her sons wife it was not supposed to be a black girl. She has a problem with everything and everyone so I did not feel to special. Her son loved me and 17 yrs and 5 kids later. I won !!! Lol...
sweet_tx_chick
by Member on Apr. 12, 2015 at 5:40 PM

That's really good to hear, grandparents should always accept and love their grandkids no matter what.

Quoting Firsttimemom252:

My parents weren't upset...they love my son to death

sweet_tx_chick
by Member on Apr. 12, 2015 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My family has more than a few racists, my uncle and my granddad were KKK members so you can well imagine how it was for me... but God bless my wonderful mom, she accepted my boys right away and has been like a second mom to them (since my sons dad has been out of the picture for a while now).

Quoting sammy_lynn:

My parents and some relatives eventually got over it, but most of my family are still upset.

brittsboys
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2015 at 12:56 PM
My Dad is black and my Mom is Spanish and my dad was cool but my mom really wanted me to get with a black man which I normally dated but shit happens and she already was not a loving person so for a while she kinda shut me out even more then normal! Such a bitch lol...
Kayla060812
by Member on Apr. 13, 2015 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this
My family doesn't believe in interracial relationships. My dad was pissed I was with a "black guy" I didn't talk to them for 3 years and my son was 16 months olds when they met him for the first time. My dad's exact words "it's not the child's fault. I love him no matter what" when they finally met my husband they hit it off right away. They realized he wasn't the typical stereotype black man... I guess we could say.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Apr. 14, 2015 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, not at all.

sammy_lynn
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Wow Codi that's really a bad situation with your family! Mine was bad enough but I can't imagine how it must've been for you and your boys... looks like your mom is a special lady. 

Quoting sweet_tx_chick:

My family has more than a few racists, my uncle and my granddad were KKK members so you can well imagine how it was for me... but God bless my wonderful mom, she accepted my boys right away and has been like a second mom to them (since my sons dad has been out of the picture for a while now).

Quoting sammy_lynn:

sweet_tx_chick
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 9:46 PM

It's really great to hear this... always gives me hope when I hear white parents acceting thier biracial grandchildren without reservations. Love it :)

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A:

Nope, not at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)