Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Chinese Church leaders asked Corrie Ten Boom to bring a word of warning to the Christians in the West.

Posted by on May. 3, 2011 at 4:29 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 532 Total Views

Corrie Ten Boom on the Rapture of the Church.

http://endtimepilgrim.org/corrie.htm

by on May. 3, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed2bmomof1
by on May. 3, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Thank you so much for this! The Hiding Plce, was the very first book I was ever given (in addition to the Bible,of course) when I first became a Christian in '92.

I have been telling people for years that we are not going to simply be taken up in a cloud before tribulation; rather, we were going to have to go through trials and tribulations and many will die. But that's not "nice" or "sugar coated"....so many dismiss the Truth altogether, mocking those who believe it.

How refreshing this was! I will read it often.

turtldov
by turtldov (sandy) on May. 3, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Quoting blessed2bmomof1:

Thank you so much for this! The Hiding Plce, was the very first book I was ever given (in addition to the Bible,of course) when I first became a Christian in '92.

I have been telling people for years that we are not going to simply be taken up in a cloud before tribulation; rather, we were going to have to go through trials and tribulations and many will die. But that's not "nice" or "sugar coated"....so many dismiss the Truth altogether, mocking those who believe it.

How refreshing this was! I will read it often.

Hi, your post is so nice & I truly am burdened for helping people prepare for what's coming!  I have tears when I think of how Holy our Father is & I know I'm not Holy as He is Holy, but I am using Every day to ready myself!!!  Right now, I am trying to memorize the books of the OT; so far I have it down to Amos.  lol 

christian3225
by New Member on May. 4, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Revelation 3:10 10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

This was addressed by the Lord Jesus to church at Philadelphia in Asia Minor. This church represents the church that exists before the Tribulation and clearly refers to our present age. God says He will keep us from the hour of temptation that comes on the whole world. This is of course a reference to the Tribulation and the coming Antichrist who deceive most of the world in that seven years.

1 Thessalonians 5 also is addressed to believers in this the Church age and clearly states in verse

1 Thessalonians 5:9

The Severn year Tribulation is when God will once again begin to work with the nation of Israel.

In Revelation 4:1-19.1 which describes the events of the Tribulation you do not find the institution of the church mentioned even once. They are not present on the earth during this time, but Raptured at the beginning of the Tribulation and then return with Christ at the Second coming.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-15

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1 Thess. 4:13-15 is referring to the rapture which is a part of Jesus' second coming. He comes first before the Tribulation (Daniel's 70th Week) to take believers of this age to heaven, but he does not actually come to earth. "we meet him in the air". The rapture is the resurrection of Christians from this present time called the Church Age, The Church Age began in Acts 2 when God instituted the local church and will continue until the rapture. His return at the end of the Tribulation is His Second Coming when He purges the earth of sinners and then sets up His promise Kingdom to the Jews.

Daniel prophesied that there would be 490 years before the Messiah would come and set up God's promised kingdom to Israel and they would live in peace. (Dan. 9:24-27; Ezek. 65:17-26) Clearly from history it can be seen that 483 years of the 490 have occurred. There then remains one more week or a period of seven years before the Old Testament dispensation is fulfilled. The seven year Tribulation or Daniel's 70th Week is the end of the Old Testament period of God working with the nation of Israel. During the Tribulation God will begin once again to work with Israel as a nation. He begins with calling 144,000 Jews as Revelation 7 predicts. God has made specific and unconditional promises to Israel that will be fulfilled in the Millennium which follows the Tribulation. He begins at the beginning of the seven years to purify Israel and save the remnant who will constitution the nation of Israel in the Millennium. Thus Christians in this the Church Age are not in view in the Tribulation and are not a part of this period. This is why the Lord comes first for Christians and removed them from the earth before the seven years of judgment. Christians are the bride of Christ and one must understand that in seeking sound doctrine and a proper interpretation of God's word the nation of Israel and the Christians of this age must be kept separate as they do not have the same position or place in the future events and plans of God.

2 Peter 3:10 refers to the final judgment of Rev. 20:11-15 and the events of Rev. 21-22, which follow the end of the Millennium, when God will destroy by fire the present earth and makes a new heaven and earth. (Rev. 20:7-10) At the second coming, at the end of the Seven year Tribulation the heavens and earth are not destroyed, only the unsaved are taken off the earth and placed in Hades to await the final judgment.

1 Thess. 5:3 is referring to the coming Tribulation or Jacob's sorrow. At the beginning of the Tribulation the Antichrist will come to power offering peace and safety to the world. He will make a covenant with Israel to protect her, but in the middle of the Tribulation he will reveal his truth self, be possessed by Satan and being to persecute believers who are saved after the rapture. He will come deceiving most of the world who seek for peace, but reject God's peace.

The rapture will come unexpected. It is like it was in Noah's day. He preached righteousness for 120 years, but the people rejected his message from the Lord. But then the rain began and it was too late for them. Christ is being preached now, but most people still reject the Lord's mercy and grace. People at the time of the rapture will be living their normal lives and suddenly will find themselves in the midst of the judgments of God and "left behind."

The battles (plural) which happen at Megiddo (Jezreel Valley) end with the Second Coming. Armies from the east (China, etc) will cross the Euphrates river and attack Israel and the armies of the Antichrist. It is actually a series of battles....which end with Christ's sudden Second Coming in which he destroys all these armies. As they see the Lord coming in the air the armies turn from fight among themselves, to attack the Lord and He destroys them all and only believers Jews and Gentiles are left on earth.

There are many events involved in the end times. The key to properly understanding them is to understand that the Tribulation is God beginning once again to work with the nation of Israel and also people on the earth. He in this present dispensation (church age)is work with the Gentiles and not with Israel as a nation. The next prophetic event in history will be the rapture. At the end of the seven year Tribulation the Lord will give Israel the land He promised them and He will rule the world for thousand years (millennium) on the throne of David and Israel will be the dominate nation on earth.

13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
turtldov
by turtldov (sandy) on May. 4, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Psalms 44:22 Yea, for thy sake are we killed all the day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter.

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

Matthew 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
24 The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Mark 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.

Mark 13:12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Luke 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

Luke 21:16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

John 16:1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Acts 14:19 And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead.
20 Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city: and the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe.
21 And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch,
22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Galatians 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

1 Thessalonians 3:1 Wherefore when we could no longer forbear, we thought it good to be left at Athens alone;
2 And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith:
3 That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.
4 For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

2 Timothy 3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

Why do Americans think they are too good to suffer persecution as Christians today are going through, even as I type this & have done throughout History?

christian3225
by New Member on May. 5, 2011 at 5:50 PM

I use to believe that we all would have to go through the tribulation until I studied the word of God more closely did you know that even though the rapture is not mentioned there are many passages relating to the rapture.

its not that we think that we are to good because that is not the case at all, its just that the bible truly does teach about the rapture as you will see below.

Enoch’s disappearance (Genesis 5:24) is a type of Rapture. This event tells us that the Rapture is totally within the character of God.

The Rapture of believers reveals God’s righteousness. The ark that carried Noah and his family and the animals to safety while the evil world was judged is a foreshadowing of the Rapture.

Note that just as the ark rose above the judgment below, those who have placed their faith in Jesus will rise above the tribulation. Genesis describes the pitch, or “kâphar” in the Hebrew, being placed on the outside of the ark by Noah. This word means “atonement.” Without it, the boat would have sunk. Similarly, without Jesus’ blood as the atonement for our lives, we will be left to face the judgment of the Tribulation.

There was a sign just before it started to rain. And so there will be a similar sign before the rapture.

Genesis 6:13

13 So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

Genesis 6:17

17 I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.

The escape was

The way of escape

Yes the world was filled with violence but God provided a way of escape! The way of escape for mankind in Noah’s day was through the door in the side of the ark. There was no other way. You either went through that door, as Noah and his family did, or you perished.

The Hebrew word kapher is the word used in verse 14 that we see translated pitch. In every other instance in the Bible kapher is translated atonement. For you and for me, the way to escape hell is through Jesus Christ. That’s the only way. This isn’t my idea. As a firefighter that’s not the way I would have designed salvation. When a builder submits plans for a room that will hold a large number of people, we like to require multiple ways to escape. The greater the number of people, the greater the number of exits. That’s how I would have designed salvation. But God says: “…my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” When God designed the ark, He designed it with one door. When God designed salvation, at great personal sacrifice, He designed it with one Door, Jesus Christ, His Son.

Jesus said,

“I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved”

John 10:9 KJV

In 2 Kings 2 we are emphatically given the foreshadowing that some will know the very day of the Rapture on the day that it occurs.

Israel’s escape from Egypt typifies the rapture (Jude 5, see comments on Jude; see also Exodus 13:17-14:31).

Hannah, a descendent of Korah and mother of Samuel, prophesied of the resurrection as well as the rapture (1 Samuel 2:6), placing each in a chiastic comparison to death and Korah’s rebellion respectively.
1 Samuel 2:6

6The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.

McCheyne, Robert Murray: Pastoral Letters (A Collection of Ten Letters Written in 1839). Kingsley Press, Shoals, Indiana, 2003 notes that Hannah called her son Samuel, which means “Asked of God.” Oh that we could write the same name upon all our gifts, including the promised gift of His return!

In brief, here is the chiastic prayer of Hannah (1 Samuel 2:1-11a) (* note how many components are used by Paul in 2 Timothy 2:8-26):
A Then Hannah prayed and said (2:1a)
B In the Lord my horn is lifted high (2:1b)
C I delight in your deliv...erance (2:1c)
D No Rock like our God (2:2)
E The Lord is a God who knows/deeds are weighed by Him (2:3b) *
F Death and resurrection (2:6a) *
F´ Korah’s rebellion and rapture/raises and lifts (2:6b-2:8a) *
E´ Inheriting a throne of honor as princes (2:8b) *
D´ Foundation of the earth is the Lord’s (2:8c) *
C´ The Lord will judge the earth (2:10b)
B´ Exalt the horn of his anointed (2:10b)
A´ Then Elkanah went home (the second part of this verse is in another chiasm)

Elijah was also translated like Philip was. This must have happened on more than one occasion and was testified of by the prophet Obadiah in 1 Kings 18:7, 12.

Elijah’s departure in a whirlwind on a chariot of fire is a type of Rapture (2 Kings 2:11).

Now here is the really exciting thing about Elijah's departure: Elisha knew about it!!

Look closely at the recorded events in 2 Kings 2:
1And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.

2And Elijah said unto Elisha, Tarry here, I pray thee; for the LORD hath sent me to Bethel. And Elisha s...aid unto him, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they went down to Bethel.

3And the sons of the prophets that were at Bethel came forth to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the LORD will take away thy master from thy head to day? And he said, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace.

4And Elijah said unto him, Elisha, tarry here, I pray thee; for the LORD hath sent me to Jericho. And he said, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they came to Jericho.

5And the sons of the prophets that were at Jericho came to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the LORD will take away thy master from thy head to day? And he answered, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace.

Twice we are told that there were those that knew the departure would occur that day. When something is stated twice in Scripture, it is an emphatic. We aren't told that we would know far in advance, but at least some will know the very day of the Rapture that it will occur that day. We're also instructed not to broadcast it when we know of the day...

Note also that a double portion of the Spirit of God fell upon Elisha. That should be exciting to think about. The Jews will receive a double portion of what we have to bring salvation to the world during the Tribulation.

And it came to pass..., when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.

10And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.

11And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

12And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.

13He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;

14And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.

Now if the rapture would happen at the last trumpet of the seven trumpets every body will know when this will be

The trumpet of the church age is called the "trump of God"

1 Thessalonians 4:16.
The trumpet of Revelation is the trumpet of the seventh angel (Revelation 11:15).
The trumpet of the church age is singular. There is no mention of a series of trumpets. The trumpet of Revelation is the seventh of seven. The phrase, last trump, has a different significance as we will see later. In 1 Thessalonians 4, the trumpets calls the dead to life. The seventh trumpet of Revelation occurs after a resurrection occurs (Revelation 11:12). The trumpet of the church age comes as a blessing. The trumpet of Revelation comes with judgment and is called the third woe (Revelation 11:14

). 1 Corinthians 15:52).

The seventh trumpet of Revelation sounds for "days" (

Revelation 10:7).

The trump of the church age sounds in "a moment, in the twinkling of an eye

why did Paul refer to the calling up of the New Testament saints at the rapture as the last trump? The logical context for this phrase is to be found in the Old Testament. If there was something there that could relate to the idea of a last trump, then that would make sense to the people of the time. Paul was not referring to a revelation that would not be given until most of the people to whom he was writing would be dead. He was referring to a picture they had ready-made in the Old Testament text. Let us see what we can find there.

In Numbers 10:1-10
the Lord gives Moses the laws concerning the use of trumpets. They were used to call the assembly together, to announce the time to begin their journeying, to go to war, and other various purposes. Numbers 10:5-6
tell of the use of the trumpets to command the Israelites to go forward when they were to take their journeys in the wilderness. These verses mention that the camps on the east side go first and the camps on the south side go second. The other camps are not mentioned here, but they are mentioned in Numbers, chapter two.

In Numbers two, all of the tribes of Israel are placed around the tabernacle in four camps. The order given is east first, south second, Levites and the tabernacle third, west fourth, and north last. As you can see, the first camps of Numbers two match the two camps mentioned in

Numbers 10:5-6
The Numbers 10:5-6
passage is obviously an abbreviation for the calling of all the camps to go forward. Although the phrase, last trump, is not mentioned Numbers, the trumpet that sounded to call the last camp (the north camp) to go forward would be the last trump. That would be when everyone in the camp was called to go.

You can see how this picture would be so powerful to the early believers. The last trump indicated that the entire congregation was now on the move. That is the picture that Paul is using in

1 Corinthians 15:52
not a revelation that would not be given for almost 40 years. Just as the last trumpet call in the wilderness meant that the entire congregation was on the move, so the last trump at the time of the rapture will indicate that the entire church of the redeemed is called up: both the living and the dead 1
Thessalonians 4:15-16

The feasts of the Old Covenant foreshadow the events of the New Covenant. The rapture will occur at the Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah). (Exodus 12:1-17; Leviticus 16:15-16; 23:4-5, 9-25, 33-36, 39-43; cf. John 6:33, 35, 48, 51; Romans 2:29; 7:6; 1 Corinthians 4:20; 5:7-8; 15:4, 23, 51-52; Ephesians 2:...6-13)

Nine days later, at the Feast of Atonement (Yom Kippur), the Jews will accept Jesus as the Messiah because of the sign of the rapture. An objection to the rapture occurring at the Feast of Trumpets is based on Matthew 24:36-44, that is, we don’t know the day or the hour. The reader is referred to Matthew 16:1-4 and Romans 15:4.

Korah’s rebellion in an opposite manner explains the rapture (Numbers 16:1-40). This is the Scripture that Paul uses in 2 Timothy 2:8-26 to prove the rapture, and in doing so, will in the future prove the resurrection of Jesus as the Messiah.

The sons of Korah are the “sons of grace” and have separated themselves from disobedience. The progression of their song is seen in Psalms (42-49, 84-85, 87-88).

A view has been proposed that the sons of Korah were saved by “flying in the air” and in a similar manner the righteous will be saved in the “flying of the righteous” as recorded in Jewish writings!

Although Jude mentions Korah (Jude 11), Sodom and Gomorrah (Jude 7), Israel’s escape from Egypt (Jude 5), and Enoch (Jude 14), all in a way foreshadowing the rapture and four events that typify judgment, it is evident that the focus of h...is letter is the resurrection, mentioning a dispute regarding the body of Moses. Note that Paul also references Israel’s escape from Egypt and the plagues and judgment that came upon Egypt at the Red Sea by referencing Jannes and Jambres (2 Timothy 3:8).

The reference for "flying of the righteous" listed above is Ginzberg, Louis: The Legends of the Jews. Volume IV. Notes to Volumes III and IV from Moses in the Wilderness to Esther. The Jewish Publication Society of America, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1956, p. 104.

Although Jude mentions Korah (Jude 11), Sodom and Gomorrah (Jude 7), Israel’s escape from Egypt (Jude 5), and Enoch (Jude 14), all in a way foreshadowing the rapture and four events that typify judgment, it is evident that the focus of his letter is the resurrection, mentioning a dispute regarding the body of Moses. Note that Paul also references Israel’s escape from Egypt and the plagues and judgment that came upon Egypt at the Red Sea by referencing Jannes and Jambres (2 Timothy 3:8).

The book of Jude is written in a chiasm with the focus referring to the resurrection (there were heretics at that time saying that the resurrection had already occurred or was a ‘spiritual resurrection’ (who better to refute such a belief than the half-brother of Jesus who knew him so well?

Psalm 19:5 and 9b link the coming of the bridegroom to the judgments of the Lord and is understood when the structure of the Psalm is seen. (See the parable of the Bridegroom in Mark 2:18-22 and in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Isaiah 62:5. In Matthew 25:1-13, through the parable of the 5 wise virgins, Jesus identified Hims as the Bridegroom.)

In John 3:28-29, Jesus identifies Himself as the Bridegroom to John the Baptist.

The structure of Psalm 19 is a Hebraic chiasm:

A Creation praises God’s glory
a1 Heavens declare God’s glory
a2 Skies proclaim work of God’s hands
...a3 They display knowlege
1a3 Daily pour forth speech
2a3 Nightly display knowledge
a4 Heard in every language
1a4 Voice into all the earth
2a4 Words to ends of the world
B God’s glory (sun metonuymy)
b1 Sun tabernacles in heavens
b2 Like a bridegroom
1b2 Comes forth from His pavilion
2b2 Like a champion rejoicing
b3 From one end of heaven to the other
b4 Nothing hidden from God’s glory
B´ God’s ways
b1´ Law (perfect): reviving
b2´ Statues (trustworthy): making wise
b3´ Precepts (right): giving joy
b4´ Commands (radiant): giving light
b5´ Fear of the Lord (pure): enduring
b6´ Ordinances (sure): altogether righteous
a´ Man praises God’s glory and ways
a1´ More precious than gold
a2´ Sweeter than honey
a3´ Warns God’s servant
a4´ Rewards God’s servant
a5´ Discerns, forgives, kept from willful sin
a6´ Made blameless, innocent
a7´ Words and meditation pleasing
a8´ Rock and Redeemer

Note that Creation’s praise is continuously ongoing but incomplete in action. God’s ways are continously ongoing in all aspects but one: The Ordinances (judgments) of the Lord. They are complete in action: altogether righteous.

Note also the centerpiece of the Psalm: God’s glory (using a sun metonymy to describe it) and God’s ways. See that b1/b4´, 1b2/b1´, 2b2/b3´, b3/b5´, and b4/b2´ correspond to each other leaving the bridegroom (b2) linked with the altogether righteous sure judgments of the Lord (b6´).

Psalm 45 reveals the Wedding of the Messiah and the Royal Daughter

Note the progression of the twelve psalms sung by Korah:
Psalm 42/43: the longing for communion with God,
Psalm 44: the love of faith and fidelity to God,
Psalm 45: the wedding of the bride and the Bridegroom,
Psalm 46: the “victories of God” is the theme of those with a virtuous heart,
Psalm 47: the present sovereignty and final victory of God is our song,
Psalm 48: great is the Lord and his unfailing love, our defense and our guide,
Psalm 49: it is only the Lord who can redeem our lives from the grave,
Psalm 84: sweet is the blameless walk before the Lord, going from strength to strength,
Psalm 85: Jesus and his salvation reconciles earth to heaven and brings peace to man,
Psalm 87: the foundation of the Lord is in Jerusalem and those born of her registered, and
Psalm 88: the Lord in his faithfulness saves even from the depth and sorrow of the grave.

Psalm 50:5-6 declares that the faithful ones who have made a covenent with God by sacrifice will be gathered togehter, proclaiming divine justice.

Psalm 68 is an abbreviated summation of God's dealings with Israel. Between the Temple period (Psalm 68:16-17) and a tribulation period (Psalm 68:21-23) are verses that can only be attributed to Jesus (Psalm 68:18-20; cf. Ephesians 4:8 and 1 Peter 5:7).

At the end of Psalm 68:20 is the phrase, "From the sovereign Lord comes escape from death" (NIV), a reference to the Rapture. After this, those that "go on in their sins" will be judged.

Psalm 118:19-26 describes the rapture in 16 details. Rosh Hashanah is known as the “Opening of the gates,” identifying this Psalm as the second fulfillment of this feast.

Matthew 21:9, 23-39; Mark 11:9; Luke 13:35; 19:38; John 12:13 reveal that Jesus knew that He would return and the people misinterpreted Psalms 118:19-26

The 16 details are:
Here are the 16 details.
It is personal (open to me);
It is protected (gates);
It is provisional (righteousness);
It is praiseworthy (give thanks);
It is our Pater’s (the Lord’s);
It is perplexing (the builders rejected);
It is predicted (has become the chief cornerstone);
It is perfect (the Lord’s doing);
It is phenomenal (it is marvelous);
It is perceived (in our eyes);
It is planned (the day which the Lord has made);
It is full of pomp (let us rejoice and be glad);
It is ultimate prosperity (send prosperity);
It is pleasurable (blessed is the one);
It takes preparation (do save, we beseech);
It is promised (He comes).

christian3225
by New Member on May. 5, 2011 at 6:01 PM

The first fulfillment is recorded in all four Gospels: Matthew 21:9; Mark 11:9; Luke 13:35; 19:38; John 12:13. There are very few events recorded in all four Gospels. This is one of them, indicating its importance.

Some have suspected Psalm 124:7 references the rapture. “Our soul has escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we have escaped.”
The word “snare” indicates that this may be the case as Paul uses this word in 2 Timothy 2:25-26.
Key phrases in Psalm 124:3-4 set the stage.
“They would have swallowed us alive” is a clear reference to Korah’s rebellion; Paul uses that rebellion in an antithetical description of the rapture.
“Then the waters would have overwhelmed us” references the Flood, foreshadowing the rapture and the Great Tribulation.
“The stream would have gone over our soul” then references the crossing of the Red Sea, another foreshadowing of the rapture and the Great Tribulation.

The reference for those suspected is (www.raptureprophecy.com (Accessed on May 24,2009.)

In Isaiah 3:10, the prophet tells the righteous that 'it will be well with them' and states that disaster will be upon the wicked. This is in the context of the prophet telling us what he's going to show us. When the rapture occurs, it will reveal the trustworthiness of God

In Isaiah 5:26, the prophet reveals that they will come at His whistle, from the ends of the earth, swiftly and speedily, and no one grows tired or stumbles, slumbers or sleeps, and belts and sandals are not loosened or broken in coming. We are taken out of our clothes! We are given white robes. We have a foreshadowing of this at Jesus’ resurrection (Luke 24:12, where Peter, stooping down, saw the linen cloths lying by themselves marveling to himself at what had happened.)

Isaiah is taken to God’s throne in a type of rapture (Isaiah 6:1-5). In John 12:41, Jesus

identifies that He was the One Isaiah saw on the throne. Because He is seated at the throne, the vision occurred at His coronation—that is, at Ha Melech, another name for Rosh Hashanah, which means “coronation of the Messiah.”

The question "what will you do with your riches?" is not originally mine. The Israelites were asked this when the Assyrians were about to knock down the walls of Jerusalem in Isaiah 10:3. This is where I first wondered whether God had instructions for us hidden in Scripture and I asked God for more Scripture to guide us on the task.

In Isaiah 17:4-7, the prophet foresees that the rapture will occur when the olive tree is harvested as in the Valley of Rephaim, which means “to invigorate.” The Jews will be thoroughly brought to life when the rapture occurs. Rosh Hashanah is the feast at the time of the grape and olive harvest. Another name of Rosh Hashanah is the “Day of Awakening.” The Jews will awaken to faith in Jesus, as will many who they lead to salvation.

Isaiah 18:3-7 reveals that it will occur at the trumpet sound and will happen at the time of the grape harvest. Some people will leave gifts for the people of Zion and some will not—those will be fed upon by birds of prey (Satan) and wild animals (beastly men).

The rapture is further described in Isaiah 26:2 (Open the gates that the righteous nation may enter, the nation that keeps faith).
Here is where Christians are described as a “nation” (also in Isaiah 66:7-8; Matthew 21:43)
In Isaiah, it comes after:
the woes where we found the way of redemption (Isaiah 5:1-6, 13),
the Judgments (except “pardonlessness”) where evidence is being gathered,
when we learn to respond to His pruning (Isaiah 18:5),
and the Oracles where we learn ‘we can’t do it on our own’ (Isaiah 21-24).
In Isaiah, it comes in proximity to: The Great Tribulation (Isaiah 24)

Isaiah 26:17-22

17Like as a woman with child, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O LORD.

18We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen.

19Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

20Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

21For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain

In Isaiah, it is an integral part of the plan of salvation (Isaiah 49:11-13).

Isaiah 49:11-13; the rapture is part of the plan of salvation. It will be an undeniable sign for those who don’t have a hardened heart. Most every commentator concludes that verse 12 describes the Jews returning to their land. Let’s take it... verse by verse leading up to that verse and see how it still pertains to the Gentiles, using Scripture to interpret Scripture:
Isaiah 49:1,5—“The Lord has called Me from the womb” (Galatians 1:15); Paul identifies himself as the one who would take the Servant’s message to the Gentiles, a task given to him by Christ. The Servant is the one called from the womb (cf. Matthew 1:20) and Paul identifies with the mission of Christ, that is, bringing the salvation message to the world.
Isaiah 49:2—“In His quiver He has hidden Me”; the “Mystery of God is Christ,” God incarnate (Romans 16:25-26; 1 Corinthians 4:1; Colossians 2:2; Revelation 10:7; cf. 2 Timothy 2:8).
Isaiah 49:3-4—“I have labored in vain”; Paul alludes that his labor is not in vain (1 Thessalonians 3:5), knowing that the plan of salvation had been given to the Gentiles for a time, taken away from His servant, Israel.
Isaiah 49:6—(Matthew 28:19; Luke 2:32; John 1:9; 11:52; Acts 13:47). “To restore Jacob is a great task, but it is not great enough for My Servant. He has a greater task.” (Young, Edward J.: The Book of Isaiah. Volume 3. Chapters 40-66. William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 1999, p. 275. He brought salvation to the world!
Isaiah 49:7—the prophet describes the two Epiphanies of the Messiah: “The Redeemer of Israel, their Holy One, to Him whom man despises” and “Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship…the Holy One of Israel.”
Isaiah 49:8-9—say to the prisoners, “Go forth,” to those who are in darkness, “Show yourselves.” Jesus identified Himself with this verse in Luke 4:17-19. Paul quotes this verse in 2 Corinthians 6:2 when he pleads for the Corinthians not to receive the grace of God in vain. He concludes that “Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.”
Isaiah 49:10—the Apostle John quotes this verse in Revelation 7:16-17: “they shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters.” John prefaces this in Revelation 7:14 with “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation” as opposed to “Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” (Revelation 14:13, just before another description of the rapture).
Isaiah 49:11—this verse then describes the rapture, an integral part of the message of salvation:
“I will make each of My mountains a road, and My highways shall be elevated.”
Isaiah 49:12—Jesus quotes this verse in Matthew 8:11, identifying this pivotal verse within the kingdom of heaven, and not a coming together on earth. (A useful treatise on the word “Sinim,” a word that probably originates from one of the sons of Canaan, the Sinite (Genesis 10:17) can be found at

http://www.cephaslibrary.com/nwo/nwo_awakens_china_a_new_world_superpower.html

Awakens China: A New World Superpower? Accessed on April 26, 2009.
Isaiah 49:13—Paul identifies this verse with those who have been comforted by the mercy of God through Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 1:4).
Isaiah 49:14-18—at this point the prophet’s narrative returns to Israel, and it is here where they see the inscription of redemption on the palms of His hands. They will believe and ALL OF ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED!

In Isaiah, it is described as a “sign” set among them in Isaiah 66:19 which is followed by a sending out to proclaim God’s glory throughout the earth
The sign is explained in Isaiah 66:7-8, which says, “Before she goes into labor, she gives birth; before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. Who has ever heard of such a thing? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children.”
Further plans for those raptured is described in Isaiah 66:9-11.
In Isaiah, it comes as a result of His Completed Work (Isaiah 52:13-53:12) and to demonstrate His Completed Work (Isaiah 63:1-6).
Again, it is an integral part of the plan of salvation of mankind.

In Daniel, it separates the dispensational periods of the Church age and Israel (where the rapture occurs in relationship to the Great Tribulation places the separation as a distinct point or a gradual separation in history between the 69th and 70th week) (Daniel 9:24-27)

Brodersen, Brian: Caught Up! What the Bible Says About the Rapture of the Church. Back to Basics. Costa Mesa, California, 2000, p. 9 contends that the Church has no part in the 69 weeks and no reason to believe that the Church would have any [direct] part in the seventy “week” [parentheses mine] indicating the Church has left the planet.

Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego have been described as a type of the church, who didn’t bow down to Nebuchadnezzar and were saved from the fiery furnace.

Smith, Calvary Chapel Distinctives, 2004, pp. 94-95. Cf. Daniel 3:1-30 for indeed not other god can save in this way!

In Daniel, it is described as when the daily sacrifice is taken away and many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked will continue to do wickedly (Daniel 12:10-11). Christians offering their bodies as a living sacrifice, which is holy and pleasing to God, is described in Romans 12:1. Many have taken this verse as an indication that Temple sacrifice will be reinstated, not realizing the white robes is an indication of a ritual of Rosh Hashanah.

In Hosea, it is an opening of the womb not for Israel, chiastically opposite the valley of trouble, a door of hope for Israel.

The book of Hosea is written as a prophetic seven point chiasmic formula, with each point having its own chiasm and turning point. Briefly, here are the sections and the turning point for each:
A (1:1-3:5) Valley of Achor (Trouble) is a door of hope (2:15)
B (4:1-5:7) Broken Covenant (Gilgal/circumcision) (4:15-17)
C (5:8-6:11) God desires loyalty rather than sacrifice (6:6)
D (7:1-16) Israel seeks man’s alliance (Egypt/Assyria then and Egypt-1979/Jordan-1994 now) (7:8-12)
C (8:1-9:6) Israel forsakes God on every threshing floor (9:1-2)
B (9:7-10:15) Broken Covenant (Gilgal/circumcision) (9:15-10:4)
A (11:1-14:9) Pains of childbirth, but opening of the womb not for Israel (13:13) (cf. Isaiah 66:7-8, 19-20) (Hosea was a contemporary of Isaiah)
The foreshadowing of the modern day alliances of the nation of Israel with those made at the time of Hosea is amazing (although modern day Jordan and ancient Assyria are not equivalent). Following the “opening of the womb” (Hosea 13:13) that is not for Israel, the Valley of Trouble will be a door of hope for the estranged Israel (cf. Hosea 3:4-5). Simply stated, the rapture of those the Lord knows (2 Timothy 2:19) will be followed by the Tribulation (2 Timothy 3:1ff) and that is the door of hope for Israel (and both will substantiate the resurrection (Hosea 13:14).

In Zechariah 5:1-5, there may be a reference to the rapture in “the flying scroll.” Note that the size of the scroll is the exact dimensions of the porch of Solomon’s temple (1 Kings 6:3) where the Law was usually read. In the New Testament, Solomon’s porch is mentioned in John 10:22-30 at the Feast of Dedication where Jesus says “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand.” It is also mentioned in Acts 3:11 and 5:12 where people were astounded by the apostles’ signs and wonders. These three references represent the God ward and man ward parts of the seal in 2 Timothy 2:19.

Note that believers are referred to as God’s building (1 Corinthians 3:9), God’s household (1 Timothy 3:15), and being built into a spiritual house as living stones (1 Peter 2:5). There is also a connection to 2 Timothy 2:19 in that the sc...roll is written on both sides (cf. Ezekiel 2:9-3:3) like the tablets of the law (cf. Exodus 32:15). Additionally, Zechariah 5:1-4 is followed immediately by the vision of the judgment of wickedness (Zechariah 5:5-11). Note the chiasmic structure of the book of Zechariah. It appears then, that as the Church “flies” away, at the same time judgment is given to those who are “banished” from the rapture and to the earth to endure through the Great Tribulation.

Note that believers are referred to as God’s building (1 Corinthians 3:9), God’s household (1 Timothy 3:15), and being built into a spiritual house as living stones (1 Peter 2:5).

The heavens cannot contain God, much less an earthly building... (1 Kings 8:27), nevertheless, believers’ bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and we are to honor God with our bodies (1 Corinthians 6:19-20; cf. John 2:20-21; Romans 14:7-8). Believers are the temple of the living God and are to be separated for the Lord (2 Corinthians 6:16-18).

There is also a connection to 2 Timothy 2:19 in that the scroll is written on both sides (cf. Ezekiel 2:9-3:3) like the tablets of the law (cf. Exodus 32:15).

Barker, Kenneth L. Zechariah In Frank E. Gæbelein (ed.) The Expositor’s Bible Co...mmentary. Volume 7. (Daniel-Minor Prophets). Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 1985, pp. 632-633 notes that one side “everyone who swears falsely will be banished” and every thief will be banished” representing those who violated the third commandment of the law and the eighth commandment of the law respectively. He recognizes the synecdoche that these two representative sins stand for all kinds of sin, those against God, and those against man, again, a God-ward and a man-ward emphasis.

Additionally, Zechariah 5:1-4 is followed immediately by the vision of the judgment of wickedness (Zechariah 5:5-11). Note the chiasmic structure of the book of Zechariah.

Dorsey, David A.: The Literary Structure of the Old Testament. A Commentary on Genesis – Malachi. Baker Academic, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 1999, pp. 317-320 has noted the chiasmic structure of Zechariah. Below is a modification of his findings with the specific turning points of each chiasmic section listed:
A Turn now from evil ways and evil deeds (1:1-6; 1:4b)
B The temple will be completed (1:7-6:8; 4:1-14)
C The Branch will rebuild the temple (6:9-15; 6:12-13)
D Rebuild the temple (7-8; 8:1-13)
C Appeal to Yahweh and not to idols (9:1-11:3; 10:1-2)
B The Good Shepherd sold for 30 shekels (11:4-17; 11:11-13)
A Fountain cleansing from sin and uncleanness (12-14; 13:1-2)

It appears then, that as the Church “flies” away, at the same time judgment is given to those who are “banished” from the rapture and to the earth to endure through the Great Tribulation.

In Malachi 3:16-18, those who have feared the Lord are found speaking to one another and a book of remembrance is for those who fear the Lord and who meditate on His name. The word “remembrance” indicates the occasion is a Rosh Hashanah. “They shall be Mine,” says the Lord of hosts, “On the day that I make them My jewels. And I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.” Then you shall again discern between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him.” Malachi continues that the day “burning like an oven” is coming (Malachi 4:1). The Jews will be able to discern who the righteous were (they were spared, taken away in the rapture).

Jesus taught about it (Matthew 24:40-41)!
Some teach that these verses are for Israel or not pertaining to the rapture, but the rapture IS a sign for Israel!
Believers will be taken to safety just as when Noah and family were saved.
One will be taken and another left.

Sweigart, John: “Last Days” or “Past Days” Madness.

http://www.inthebeginning.org/kingdom/sweigart/preterism.pdf

. Accessed on December 23, 2006. Sweigart however has seen the chiastic structure of the Olivet Discourse within Matthew 23-25 ...which places the difficult proverb “Wherever the corpse is there the vultures will gather” (Matthew 24:28; cf. Matthew 24:40-41 with Luke 17:37) within the second half of the Great Tribulation and opposite those killed and hated indicating times will be so bad there won’t be time to bury the dead (this is a modification of his chiasm in a somewhat abbreviated format)

Matthew 23:1-25:46
A (23:1-3) Scribes/Pharisees seated on chair of Moses judge falsely
a1 (23:4-12) do not do according to their deeds
B (23:4-12) Scribes/Pharisees as disobedient servants
b1 (23:13-28) shut off the kingdom of heaven from men
b2 (23:29-33) unfaithful masters condemned to hell
b3 (23:34-35) guilt of righteous blood: Abel to Zechariah
C (23:36) This generation (Isaiah 66:7-20 1st fulfillment)
c1 (23:37) “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem” (cf. Isaiah 29:1)
D (23:27-24:2) Promise of Second Coming
d1 (23:39) “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord” (cf. Psalms 118:26)
d2 (24:2) Jerusalem’s destruction foretold
E (24:3-14) The Great Tribulation
e1 (24:5) false messiahs, “I am the Christ”
e2 (24:6) wars and rumors of war
e3 (24:7) lawlessness increases, love grows cold
e4 (24:9) killed and hated
f2 (24:13) endure to the end and be saved
f1 (24:14) gospel preached to all nations
F (24:15) Abomination of Desolation (cf. Daniel 9:27)
f1´ (24:16-21) flee to the mountain
f2´ (24:22) lives saved by days cut short
E´ (24:16-28) The Great Tribulation
e1´ (24:23) false messiahs
e2´ (24:24a) signs and wonders
e3´ (24:24b) mislead the elect
e4´ (24:28) “where corpse is, vultures will gather”
D´ (24:29-31) Promise of Second Coming (cf. Isaiah 13:9-11)
d1´ (24:32) fig tree parable (the time is near)
d2´ (24:33) Hosea’s door of hope (cf. Hosea 2:15)
C´ (24:34) This generation (Isaiah 66:7-20 2nd fulfillment)
c1´ (24:35) “heaven and earth will pass away” foretold
B´ (25:14-30) Obedient and faithful use of talents by servants
b1´ (24:36-44) the Righteous Blood saves (the rapture foretold): Noah, Noah
b2´ (24:45-51) faithful slaves not condemned with hypocrites
b3´ (25:1-13) wise virgins included in the wedding feast
A´ (25:31-46) Son of man seated on His throne to judge truly
a1´ (24:48-51) did according to their deeds

Note that man has killed, and will kill again (b3) and that God has saved, and will save again (b1´). Note the underlined summaries: Taking of those saved before the Great Tribulation (vv 40-41). Note the 2 specific (and not opposite in the structure of the chiasm) of those saved before and during the Great Tribulation and salvation of those (including Jews) during the Great Tribulation) (v 24:13) is linked to the gospel being preached to all nations, and the centerpiece of the Great Tribulation, the Abomination of Desolation.

In Mark 13:25-27 the elect will be gathered from the four winds. The watchwrds for the Rapture are "Be Ready."
Thomas, Robert L., and Gundry, Stanley N.: A Harmony of the Gospels. (Harper San Frnacisco, A Division of Harper Collins Publishers, San Francisco, California, 1991), pp. 199-200.

Thomas and Gundry pp 199-200 places Luke 21:25-27 in "harmony" with Matthew 24:29-31. Note with interest the relationship of these verses and the parallel passage in Mark again indicating all the watchwords for the Rapture: "Be ready."

See the elaborate chiasm of the Olivet Discourse mentioned previously.

Luke 17:34-37 places it chronologically before the Great Tribulation, when there won’t be time to bury the dead, and the physician’s emphasis is comparison of death to the Kingdom of God.

Note that Luke, the physician’s emphasis is different than Matthew’s and a complex chiasm (briefly here) is seen in his Gospel (Luke 17:34-37 is within a multiple level chiasmic contrast of the Kingdom of God and life to death):
… (15:32) brother was dead… …Good News of the Kingdom of God (16:16)…
…(16:31) won’t listen if someone rises from the dead… …Kingdom of God is among you (17:20-21)…
…(17:37) carcass… …Kingdom of God belongs to children (18:16-17)…
…(18:33) Son of Man killing foretold… …correcting the impression of the Kingdom of God (19:11)…
…(19:47) how to kill Him

In Luke 21:34-36, Jesus says “that Day” will “come as a snare” and to watch and pray to be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass and stand before the Son of man.

The same word “snare” is used in Isaiah 24 and 2 Timothy 2:25-26 to describe being “snared” on earth during the Great Tribulation. Brodersen, op. cit., p. 9 cites this verse as evidence of a pre-tribulation rapture. It is noteworthy that Luke uses the same word snare to describe the Great Tribulation.

I think we should not focus on timing but that the Rapture will substantiate the Resurrection of Jesus to the Jews. That is, He is Yeshua HaMachiach, Jesus the Messiah.

John 14:1-3 we read the Upper Room Discourse, where Jesus promises to go and prepare a place for us.

christian3225
by New Member on May. 5, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Tim LaHaye, Thomas Ice: Charting the End Times. A Visual Guide to Understanding Bible Prophecy. Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon, 2001, pp. 113-114 describes the eight point parallel between John 14:1-3 and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18... (modified for the NIV):
John 14:1-3 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
hearts troubled v. 1 grieve (without) hope v. 13
trust, trust v. 1 believe, believe v. 14
God, me (Jesus) v. 1 Jesus, God v. 14
I told you v. 2 the Lord’s own word, we tell you v. 15
come back v. 3 coming of the Lord v. 15
take you v. 3 will be caught up together v. 17
to be with me v. 3 to meet the Lord in the air v. 17
be where I am v. 3 be with the Lord forever v. 17

Because of the similarities between the two Scriptures, we can now see that the Rapture is seen in all four Gospels

Jesus’ ascent into heaven (Acts 1:9) is equated to the Church’s rapture in the double prophecy in Isaiah 66:19.

It should be noted that John 17:15 is used by preterists to say that there is no rapture (cf. Wilson, 1989). This argument ignores the double prophecy of Isaiah 66:7-20. (Cf. the use of the preposition ek in LaHaye, 2002, pp. 227-229.) Acts 1:9 is the first fulfillment of that prophecy and the rapture will be the second fulfillment.

Philip’s transport is evidence that God can work in this way (Acts 8:39). (Recall that Elijah was transported in 1 Kings 18:7-12 and testified to by the prophet Obadiah!)

An eschatological event most certainly is present in Romans 9-11, which is evidently Romans 11:25.

Paul teaches about the rapture in 1 Corinthians 15:51-58.

Witherington, Ben, III: Letters and Homilies for Hellenized Christians: Volume I. A Sociorhetorized Commentary for Titus, 1-2 Timothy and 1-3 John. IVP Academic, Downers Grove, Illinois, 2006, pp. 333-334 calls the 1 Corinthians 15 passage ...a syllogism or enthymeme but because the structure of the Old Testament reference for 1 Corinthians 15:55 (Hosea 13:14) is not taken into account, the conclusion cannot be drawn for the argument. Additionally, there is an important parallel just after that verse in 1 Corinthians 16:1-4 to the endeavor of this treatise where Paul asks the church at Corinth to set aside a sum of money as a gift to Jerusalem.
Hemenway, Harold: The Feasts of the Bible, (self published material), 2004, p. 61 notes that according to Rosh Ha Shanah 16b, the resurrection of the dead will occur on the Feast of Trumpets. He also notes that archaeologists have discovered Jewish tombstones with SHOFARIM etched on them, indicating their belief in a resurrection from the dead at the sound of the SHOFAR.

Paul himself was caught up into heaven which he describes in 2 Corinthians 12:1-6.

The Church is to be presented as a gift from the Father to the Son (Ephesians 5:25-27; Jude 24).

Some have suggested that Philippians 3:13-14 is referencing the rapture.
The “high calling” has been translated “upward invitation.” (

http://www.raptureprophecy.com/

. Accessed on May 24, 2009.)

The rapture is suggested in Colossians 3:4: When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory; the salvation of “all Israel” is associated with this event.

The final three sections of Scripture that include the phrase “raised from the dead” (Colossians 2:9-12, Colossians 3:14, and 1 Thessalonians 1:10) The last section of Scripture (1 Thessalonians 1:10) is referring to the rapture. Between the other two sections of Scripture (Colossians 2:9-12 and Colossians 3:14) is Colossians 3:4, another Scripture referring to the rapture. Although Colossians 3:4 is not within the complex chiasmic metonymy discussed in that chapter, “When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory” is intimately associated with it.

1 Thessalonians 1:10 (and 5:9) reveals that Jesus rescues believers from the coming wrath (by definition, this must include the wrath during the wrath of the Great Tribulation that precedes the judgment).

Saved believers are our hope and joy in 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 at His appearing.

1 Thessalonians 3:13 discloses that Jesus comes again with all His holy ones, those believers previously raptured.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 says the rapture is to be an encouragement for the believer.

Smith, Chuck: The Tribulation and the Church. Will the Church Experience the Great Tribulation? The Word for Today, Costa Mesa, California, 2004, pp. 26-27, explains that the word rapture doesn’t even occur in the Bible but is from the Latin Vulgate, one of the oldest Bibles used with rapio, “to take away by force,” from which the English word rapture is derived.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-11, 23 reveals that the Great Tribulation will begin suddenly like labor, believers will be saved and the anger of God will not be poured out on us.

2 Thessalonians 1:5-10 reveals that believers are not included in the wrath of God. The righteous are saved from wrath.

“Rebellion” in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 references the rapture referring to “Korah’s rebellion” as a contrasting comparison within Hellenistic rhetoric, the art of persuasion. Note that the rapture occurs just before the man of lawlessness is revealed. The explanation of the rapture will likely be the Antich...rist tells the world that he raptured the Church, and if they believe in him, he will take them to “heaven.” He will likely “quick deed” the assets of believers and churches who have not willed their assets to the Jews “in case of rapture.” See that in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12, Paul refutes an early form of post-tribulationism.

Sweigart, 2001, “Is There a Departure in 2 Thessalonians 2:3?”

http://www.conservativeonline.org/journals/05_15.journal/2001v5n15_id05.htm

op. cit., pp. 1-9. Accessed December 21, 2006. See also Brodersen, op. cit., pp. 14-17. See the footnoted reference in Pitcher, The Seal of the King, op. cit. 2008 in the chapter entitled “The Setting of Paul’s Final Message.”

There is a new site for Sweigart's article. It is at

https://www.galaxie.com/article/7296

The rapture is alluded to in 1 Timothy 3:7 and its semblative verse in Deuteronomy 11:6.

The reference is Pitcher, The Seal of the King, op. cit. See Appendix III. “The Semblance of Paul’s 1 Timothy to Moses’ Deuteronomy.”

The rapture is used by Paul to defend the resurrection in 2 Timothy 2:8-26 with the rapture, specifically verse 19.

The key Scripture of the rapture is 2 Timothy 2:8-26. Again, this is the most important part of the rapture—it will substantiate Jesus’ resurrection to the Jews.

In this elegantly written and persuasive section of Scripture, Paul uses the enthymeme, the maxim, the model or paradigm (the 3 components of Aristotle's rhetoric, and the Hellenistic metonymy and the Hebraic chiasm to make the point. And it is a point that we should take to heart!

Note how the understanding of how Paul defended the Rapture is key to finding other Scriptures: Titus 2:13 blessed hope is confirmed by the inference in the semblance verse in Joshua as described in reference 50. Balaam is mentioned, who was the master to Jannes and Jambres. Jude uses Balaam's error in his chiasm. Then "great God" is used in Psalm 95:1-7, hinting that perhaps those verses pertain to the Rapture. When the rest of the context is taken into account, it is realized it indeed is a strong likelihood that it is a good reference in the psalms, not before seen

Many believe “the blessed hope” in Titus 2:13 is a reference to the rapture.

Titus 2:13 has been debated for years and years as to whether it is a reference to the Rapture. It's my intention to use this site to be a great encouragement to believers
Here is the proof that Titus 2:13 is indeed a Rapture Scripture (the reference is a book called "The Inheritance"):

Note the verse in Titus:

Titus 2:13a
while we wait for the blessed hope—

Note how the 2nd half of Titus 2:13 does not correspond to Joshua 13 but Joshua 14 when the inheritance and the rest from war is mentioned. This corresponds to 2 Peter’s 2-part 2nd Epiphany of Christ.
Now note the semblative verse in Joshua:

Joshua 13:22
In addition to those slain in battle, the Israelites had put to the sword Balaam son of Beor, who practiced divination.

See how Balaam’s error is both a foreshadowing of the rapture and of the judgment in the structure of Jude which I'll post below this post.

The book of Jude is written in a chiasm with the focus referring to the Resurrection (there were heretics at that time saying that the Resurrection had already occurred or was a ‘spiritual resurrection’ (who better to refute such a belief than the ½ brother of Jesus who knew him so well?):
A slave of Jesus Christ (1a)
B sanctified, preserved (1b)
C ungodly people (4)
D rescued from Egypt/Passover Lamb foreshadowed 1st coming of Christ (5a)†
E destroyed unfaithful (5b)
F some angels in chains already (6)
G Sodom/Gomorrah (7)†
g1 defiling the flesh (8)
H Michael rebuked Satan re: the body of Moses (9)
g1´like brute beasts (10)
G´ way of Cain (11a)
F´ Balaam’s error (11b) † (Numbers 22-24; Joshua 24:9-10; Revelation 2:14-15)
E´ Korah’s rebellion (11c)†
D´ Enoch raptured/ prophesied 2nd coming of Christ (14)
C´ ungodly scoffers (16-19)
B´ keep from stumbling, presented faultless (24)

A´ God our Savior through Jesus Christ (25)

Those events marked with a cross foreshadow both the Rapture and the Tribulation in Jude's short letter. There are four of them. Note that Balaam's error is one of them. This is the one that Paul uses in a semblative manner to Titus 2:13a.

Also see Scripture reference 65 above re: Psalm 95:1-7.

Many believe that 1 Peter 1:13 and 5:4 reference the rapture.

Peter uses the rapture in a chiasmic structure in 2 Peter and multiple chiasms throughout the letter, the “great and magnificent promises” of the believer in 2 Peter 1:4, which points the reader to Isaiah 66 and further Scripture regarding the rapture (the diagram of 2 Peter illustrates the mirror of the chiasm).

1 John 2:28-3:2 references the change that occurs in believers’ bodies at the rapture

In Revelation 3:10, the Church at Philadelphia is kept from the hour of trial that comes upon the whole world.

Brodersen, op. cit., p. 10 notes that the seven churches in Revelation are the Church during different periods in Church history and the Church at Philadelphia as the Church during the last days).

Here's one out of order:

2 Timothy 4:8 describes the events on that future Rapture day. The dead in Christ will receive a crown of righteousness (for Paul was already being poured out like a drink offering [2 Timothy 4:6]). Then those who love His appearing.

The semblative verses in Numbers 29:1-40 describe the Jewish feasts of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur!!

Note that just before that section in Numbers is wher the drink offering is described! What an amazing attention to the Holy Spirit Paul had!! If we could be so attentive!!

John is taken up through an open door into heaven and shown what is to take place (Revelation 4:1).

In Revelation 7:3-4, it comes after the 144,000 “witnesses” have been “sealed” and before “harm” comes to the earth.
Those who are clothed in “white robes,” with palm branches in their hands, crying out “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”
These are identified as those “who come out of the Great Tribulation.” (Revelation 7:13-14) It is difficult to separate this event from the previous verses involving the 144,000 but because of the white robes they are wearing, it is linked to Rosh Hashanah. Time will tell!

In Revelation 11:12, the two witnesses are taken up into heaven, showing God's ability to snatch someone from the earth.

In Revelation 14:15-16, One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, was sitting on a cloud with a sickle, and harvested the earth. We are given information of who these are who are harvested: they are the saints who patiently keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus (Revelation 14:12).This is opposed to the next few verses, where the angel in charge of the fire harvested to the great winepress of God's wrath. (Revelation 14:18-19) After this, there is no indication of the Church on earth in Revelation

In Revelation 19:7-9, it is revealed that the consummation of the union between Christ and the Church precedes the Second Advent. , The King is seen in the role of Bridegroom at His coming (Matthew 25:1-13; 22:1-14; Luke 12:35-41) indicating that the marriage has taken place.

Scriptures describing the Second Coming of Christ see Zechariah 14:4-5, Jude 14, 2 Peter 3:4-10.

When we recently traveled to Jerusalem, I was honored to be able to journey beneath the wall at night. There I saw several women who were reciting the Psalms. I was told they do it throughout the day. Why are they doing that? I believe that they are doing it because within the Psalms are important instructions that are needed for the last days. One of these is in Psalm 75.

Others have noted the similarity between Psalm 75 and Hannah's song in 1 Samuel 2:1-10. (Goldingay, J: Psalms Volume 2, Baker Academic, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 2007, p. 440.)

With this in mind, and knowing that Hannah, in those 1 Samuel verses, was the first to prophecy about the Rapture, even a rudimentary structure of the psalm is quite revealing:

Indeed, Angel Gonzalez Nunez also sees it as an eschatological event as the coming of a definitive new order (El Salmo 75 y el jicio escatologico, EstBib 21 [1962]:5-22.)

In light of the preceeding psalm (Psalm 74), which queries whether God... has abandoned His people, the event of the Rapture (briefly described here in 75) urges them to keep on trusting YHWH's sovereignty over the timing of end time events!

Remember that every little facet of the Rapture gives us new light on this jewel, and this is a little facet that hasn't been seen in the other 61 sections of Scripture described below

Yes and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 says the Rapture is to be an encouragement for the believer. Let's think of how many ways it could be an encouragement:
1) Just thinking about it, I'm overwhelmed by the power that God will use to show Himself mighty to the world.
2) I'm going to be part of something that is going to bring glory to God!
3) The same power that raised Jesus from the dead is going to be at work!
4) He cares for me so much that He has been planning this since the foundation of the world!

Knowing that Rapture Scripture references are hidden often within the structure of Scripture has led to this possible Scripture reference within Psalm 89. Take a look at the structure posted below, possibly printing it out for a clearer examination for yourself.

Concerning the similarity between Jesus and Israel, remember Hebrews 12:3:

For consider Him who endured such hostility form sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in you souls.

This is just after the cloud of witnesses in Hebrews 11, and the author's exhortation in 12:1-2:

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Could the joyful call in verse 15 be made from a shofar??

Psalm 24: Taken Up The Song of the Ascension/Convergence on the House of Yahwek of the Seeking People Part 1

Psalm 24 is situated between Psalm 23, where "The Relationship" between the Shepherd and the sheep is described, and Psalm 25, where "Yahweh's Character" is described.

...First, note the structure

A1 The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it,
A2 the world, and all who live in it;
A2a for he founded it on the seas
A2b and established it on the waters.

B1 Who may ascend the mountain of the LORD?
B2 Who may stand in his holy place?

C1 The one who has clean hands and a pure heart,
C2 who does not trust in an idol
C3 or swear by a false god.

D1 They will receive blessing from the LORD
D1´ and vindication from God their Savior.

C1´ Such is the generation of those who seek him,
C2´ who seek your face, God of Jacob. Selah

B1´ Lift up your heads, you gates;
B2´ be lifted up, you ancient doors,
B3´ that the King of glory may come in.
B3a´ Who is this King of glory?
B3b´ The LORD strong and mighty,
B3c´ the LORD mighty in battle.

A1´ Lift up your heads, you gates;
A2´ lift them up, you ancient doors,
A3´ that the King of glory may come in.
A3a´ Who is he, this King of glory?
A3b´ The LORD Almighty—
A3c´ he is the King of glory. Selah

Now note that there are Four Advents of the King of Glory, Jesus:
1) Jesus ascended the mountain of the LORD (B1) as our sacrifice for sin. He is the only one who has clean hands and a pure heart. It is through Him that others may have clean... hands and a pure heart.
2) Opposite this (B1´-B3c´) is when the King of glory ca...me through the ancient doors after the Cross. Note that He came alone, mighty in battle. (An Advent celebrated in heaven!)
3) Third is an implied Advent (with two parts, see below) because,
4) He returns through the ancient doors again, but this time with His armies, "The LORD Almighty," "The LORD of hosts" in other translations. (A3b´ in the outline) (A Second Advent celebrated in heaven!!)See More

Now note that the First Advent of Jesus (B1-B2) has one component. The Second Advent of Jesus (B1´-A3c´) has two comings.

The implied Advent has its' explanation in the middle of the psalm C1 - C2´. Note that on the proximal side of the psalm, those of pure heart will receive blessing and on the distal side those who seek him will receive vindication. How beautifully this expresses the two Advents in a four dimensional explanation.

Okay, I agree, there are two Advents on earth. But think about it (with this post). There also two Advents in heaven. And the unusual part about it is the order: He came to earth, He returned to heaven, He returned to heaven, He came to earth.

How is it that He returned to heaven twice, but did not go to earth between the two? The only explanation is that of the Rapture. He meets us in the clouds!
There it is. The Rapture, indirectly described.
What is the nugget that God wants us to see with unclouded vision? I think it is this:

Though there was (and will be) celebration as well as non-celebration during the two earthly Advents, there was (and will be) only celebration during the two heavenly Advents. Think about that okay (and see the chiasm in this post!!)?

Yahweh in the first post of course

Psalm 95:1-7 is a good explanation of one of the facets of the jewel we call the Rapture. The first come, halak in Hebrew, is the admonition "come on" meaning an appeal to respond with alacrity (cheerful readiness, promptness, or willingness). The second come (v 2) means to "to go to meet God face-to-face" and points to the initiative of the Person who instigates the meeting, making the first move. The third move (v 6) bo in Hebrew, is the movement into a sanctuary. The Great God of verse 3 is found in Titus 2:13. (There are two other ways to prove Titus 2:13 is a Rapture reference, see that Scripture reference.) The psalm was sung at the New Year (Rosh Hashanah) according to S. Mowinckel, as celebration of YHWH's Kingship.

Psalm 96 is also closely related to 1 Chronicles 16. Note that 1 Chronicles 14 is one of the few mentions the Valley of Rephaim (reference #18) in Scripture

This is the 4th psalm reference for the Rapture. Surely in 97-150 there will be more?!?

Here is one I owe to Hal Lindsey and I missed!
2 Thessalonians 2:6-7
And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work: only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.

Note that the restraining work of the Holy Spirit is connected to the Church's work, and the Holy Spirit's restraining work will leave the earth when the Church is raptured.

FHCO: Your Future in the Rapture (Part 4)

FHCO: Your Future in the Rapture (Part 3)

FHCO: Your Future in the Rapture (Part 2)

FHCO: Your Future in the Rapture (Part 1)

turtldov
by turtldov (sandy) on May. 6, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Christian, Dear; since neither one of us is going to change our minds, lol   & it is not anything concerning our Salvation, let us just "agree in Love,  to disagree, my Sister."

bow down

christian3225
by New Member on May. 6, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Amen God Bless

it been awhile sense I have been on. How are you doing?

turtldov
by turtldov (sandy) on May. 6, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Quoting christian3225:

Amen God Bless

it been awhile sense I have been on. How are you doing?

Like you, I have good day and some not-so-good! lol  How have you been, Dear?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN