Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need advice

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 2299 Total Views

how does the electronic cigg work while your prego i cut back from 1-2 packs a day to aonly 2 cigs a day and im trying to quit so does anyone know how it works

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HMFmomma531
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:47 AM

from what i get from it it doesnt have the harsh chemicals that ciggs do. ive heard that an e cigg only has nicotine and and water? im not sure but i wish you luck in finding out

ninaboo95
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 12:09 AM

thank you soo much and thanks for replying :)

CafeMom Tickers
HMFmomma531
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ninaboo95:

your welcome. i know how hard it is when your prego i just had my daughter may 31 but congrats:)

Karla1948
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:26 PM

E-cigs take the edge off of cravings, and I feel that they can be used as a form of nicotine replacement therapy, whether you're trying to quit, or you're someplace where you can't smoke for awhile. For many, they're great. But they don't work for me. I need to taste my cigarette; an E-cig is no substitute for the real thing. Nothing I enjoy about tasting steam.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

JanieJo
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I know how hard it is and good luck. I smoked during both of my pregnancies. I cut back a little during my second one but I continued to crave cigarettes the whole time. I never tried a e-cig but if i got preg again i would try that. I don't think I could quit but i think it would help me cut back.

ninaboo95
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:45 PM

thank you :) and a balated congrats to u

Quoting HMFmomma531:

Quoting ninaboo95:

your welcome. i know how hard it is when your prego i just had my daughter may 31 but congrats:)

CafeMom Tickers
ninaboo95
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:48 PM

ohh u would think they would have atleast nicotine in them idk ill try it and see how it goes but im starting to dout that it would be worth it now lol thanks

Quoting Karla1948:

E-cigs take the edge off of cravings, and I feel that they can be used as a form of nicotine replacement therapy, whether you're trying to quit, or you're someplace where you can't smoke for awhile. For many, they're great. But they don't work for me. I need to taste my cigarette; an E-cig is no substitute for the real thing. Nothing I enjoy about tasting steam.

CafeMom Tickers
ninaboo95
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:51 PM

i know i tried to quit but that craving for one came back and bite me in the ass when my fiancee and sister got into a fight

Quoting JanieJo:

I know how hard it is and good luck. I smoked during both of my pregnancies. I cut back a little during my second one but I continued to crave cigarettes the whole time. I never tried a e-cig but if i got preg again i would try that. I don't think I could quit but i think it would help me cut back.

CafeMom Tickers
Karla1948
by Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:32 PM

They DO have nicotine! E-Cigs essentially produce nicotine laced steam. And that steam is absent of everything else that a real cigarette when it is burning produces. Including taste.

Quoting ninaboo95:

ohh u would think they would have atleast nicotine in them idk ill try it and see how it goes but im starting to dout that it would be worth it now lol thanks

Quoting Karla1948:

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

Caraf
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:02 PM

its harmless water vapour with some nicotine contained within

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)