Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was called racist !

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 164 Total Views

Had an interested issue today. I  have lived in my house for 22 years, and have had the same neighbor the whole time. He has had afew roomates over the years. Well  he recently moved away, and his roommate stayed here. I guess he hired someone to do some work in their backyard. I have a home studio. I had a mom viewing her photos today, and he 2 little ones were playing outside my office door, with the door open. This young guy comes into my office kind of upbrupt saying we needed to get those kids, they were working and didn't want them near their tools. Okay no problem, the mom brough them right in and shut the door. I was not really happy at the tone the man used, but didn't say anything. The mom didn't seem to be offended, so I let it go. Well several hours later I was standing outside my house, talking with a young women who works with 2 of my teens. My 9 yr old had just left my yard to go ride bikes at the school, which is directly across the street from my house. After a couple of minutes I see this guy running down the road near where my son & his friends are playing. I sent my older daughter (who is 19) to see what was happening, it was pretty clear he was scolding them. I yelled for my son to come home. About that time the older guy walks out to the mailbox and says something to me. I walked towards him because I didn't hear what he was saying. I asked him why was this other worker scolding these kids. He says they were messying with a bike that was locked at the school, and it didn't belong to him.  That bike has been locked there for WEEKS ! I told the man I was standing right there, they did not do antyhing to that bike, it has been there for a long time. Then he starts yelling at me saying I am rasing my son to  be a murdered. That I am the person who is ruining America. It was clear  he was NOT from this country. I said first of all I think the right thing would have been to mind their own business. I have lived in this house for 22 years, and have NEVER had a problem with anyone. That if their felt my son was doing something wrong, why didn't they address it with me, not chasing my son & his friends down the road. Then I have both of these guys in my face screaming at me. The younger one tells me he is calling the police on me, because I am racist,& my son is going to be a murderer. I lost it at the point. I was NOT saying the nicest things. :( My oldest son just moved in next door on the otherside of my house. He comes up, I have both of these men screaming in my face. This young guy is on the phone saying I am racist & running a daycare at my home, NOT ! I have 14 kids & 8 grandkids. :) Finally I just said, Yes I am racist!! I have kids who are black, hispanic, puerto rice & native. I am sooooooooooooooo racist !!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cafmom
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Wow, some people. Yeah I have gotten that from some people myself. Part of me me is wondering how they could compair us to the one who are ruining america. Plus I dont see how, even if he was to mess with a bike, how that would make him a murderer or a future one at that. That makes no sense!People are Odd theese days.

becca75
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 3:21 PM

I agree I dont understand what the world is comeing too.. If those guys had paid attention to who was in and out of your house they would never of said those things. Sounds to me like they are just trying to start trouble.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)