Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Message from Heather at TMN

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2007 at 4:08 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 253 Total Views
We were having some problems with memory, which was causing the server panics we had earlier in the week.

Our host decided to move our drives to a new server, which corrupted the RAID5 drive.

Unfortunately, since we have just moved to this new server, our backup system was not complete and backups were not being sent offsite. So our backups went down with the RAID5 drive.

We are working with a data recovery company and they seem very positive that they can recover our backups. If that is the case, we should be back online this weekend, at least for the majority of the sites.

The reason we gave a later date is because all of the setup has to be done by my husband and myself. He works full time and I have two kids to take care of at home! We just don't have a way to work non-stop on something like this, although we are doing all we can to work as quickly as possible to return the sites in full. We have found through experience that it is better to give a later date and prepare for the worst possible scenerio in cases like this, rather than make promises that we are unable to keep.
by on Jun. 13, 2007 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SingForHim
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2007 at 6:26 PM
Thanks, Heather.  This is a good temporary solution.
highcountrymom
by Group Owner on Jun. 14, 2007 at 9:14 AM
Heather said it could be as early as this weekend that we get our boards back up, *cross your fingers*!
kristi217
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:19 PM
We'll wait patiently!  Thanks for all the work you & your hubby are doing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)