Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A day in the life of Cindy x 365

Posted by   + Show Post
Emma playing with her balloon from her first birthday party.  She loved tugging the string to make noise.  1/365

Cindy (25), Emma - born 10/05/06

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality" - Dante Alighieri

by on Oct. 15, 2007 at 8:17 PM
Replies (11-15):
FidgetCJR00
by on Oct. 31, 2007 at 12:10 AM
12/365 (10/26/07)
On the Friday after we were able to return home, we tried to get back to normal life. We drove around the neighborhood to different areas and saw different parts of the devastation. We even saw one home where their garden hose was outside with a note on it that read "May God bless whoever used this hose and saved this house."
These are all pictures from our apartment complex, our side is safe, but the other side is all burned:

The rest of these are various areas in our neighborhood:

This house of one of an entire col-de-sac that burned to the ground, amazingly the lawn and plants are still green:

The wind was so strong in our area, it blew the roof off of this house:

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality" - Dante Alighieri

FidgetCJR00
by on Oct. 31, 2007 at 12:23 AM
After two days of being home our hot water had still not yet come on. Kevin and I took cold showers on Thursday when we got home, and we would boil water for Emma's baths and dishes. On Saturday, we boiled pots and pots of water for us so we could take hot baths.

The hard work:

A shallow, but WARM bath:

They complex also hired workers to clean up around the grounds, here are some pictures of their work:

You can see a burned kyak in this one, we are guessing it was on a neighbor's patio and caught fire:

And Emma being a nut, she pulled the bottom of her shirt over the back of her head and her hair was crazy:

FidgetCJR00
by on Oct. 31, 2007 at 12:26 AM
14/365 (10/28/07)

We did not do much on Sunday, just stayed home and watched football and went out and got a new stroller. I took a picture of Emma in a pose a love, when she squats down to look at something - she just looks like such a little kid and not so much like a baby.

FidgetCJR00
by on Oct. 31, 2007 at 12:28 AM
15/365 (10/29/07)

Did not take any pictures, opps!

FidgetCJR00
by on Oct. 31, 2007 at 12:39 AM
16/365 (Finally caught up!)

Not much happened today. Emma and I did take a walk on our normal route only to discover about 6 homes right along there burned down. It was so strange to see them up close. One thing that is driving me crazy are the news helicopters and the lookie-loos that drive through our neighborhood. On my walk I must have seen at least 10 cars packed full of people pointing at the destruction, we are all trying to get back to normal and these idiots take time out of their lunch break, probably as they are eating their McDonald's and Taco Bell in the car to drive around and look at the burned down homes. I hate that our loss and misery is their lunch time entertainment. The fires make me feel violated enough, these people are just making it worst. One thing we see all over the neighborhood are signs outside of homes, or what use to be homes, advertising the insurance company that represents them, I never knew they did this, did you?

We also carved our pumpkin tonight. Emma was not so interested in carving the pumpkin (although she loved playing with it before), but loved playing with the seeds in the water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)