Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dana's Pic-a-Day

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 3:34 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 389 Total Views
Hi everyone,

At Gwen and Dawn's urging, I decided to join the fray!

Here's my inaugural entry...my home work space, which is where I spend a lot of my time (and if you can tell, so does Ahleia...)

Dana

Dana (36), DH Seth (36), DSS River (9) and our little Munchkin...Ahleia Rose, born 4-9-07 (7lbs, 8 oz; 21" long)
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dawn0522
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 6:19 PM
How tidy!  If you saw mine, you'd die!  :X
Dawn (40),  James (41),  Stephen (18), Michael (15), Nicholas (9 months)
GwenMB
by Group Owner on Jan. 31, 2008 at 8:43 PM

A year from now this space will look quite different with different Ahleia stuff.  Won't it be nice to look back & see what it used to look like?

UnAutre
by on Feb. 1, 2008 at 4:11 PM
Today I'm posting a photo of my dog, Jazz.  I had to take it with my camera phone because she is terrified of regular cameras.  You can see she is trying to figure out what I'm doing, but hasn't figured out there's a camera in that thing I talk to all day.   Oh and in case you're wondering what that white thing is behind her - it's the "Virtual Wall" for my Roomba. 

Dana (36), DH Seth (36), DSS River (9) and our little Munchkin...Ahleia Rose, born 4-9-07 (7lbs, 8 oz; 21" long)
Dawn0522
by on Feb. 1, 2008 at 11:54 PM
OMG!  That's Jazz?  Wow!  I don't think I've EVER had the privilege!    She's beautiful!  You're right, she does look  like she's trying to figure that phone out.  LOL  Once she does, you better run.  haha
UnAutre
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 12:13 PM
My husband Seth, Ahleia and I went to a party at the yoga studio I go to.  In addition to the potluck get-together, we also participated in a fire ritual where we wrote the things that support us in our lives and the things we wish to let go of on a piece of paper and then burned it in the fire.

UnAutre
by on Feb. 7, 2008 at 10:49 AM

My husband and I brought this little Ganesh statue back from India two years ago.  The ficus tree in our office/playroom seemed like an appropriate place for him to hang out. 

Ganesh is one of the most beloved of the Hindu gods.  He is the "Remover of Obstacles" and people pray to him before embarking upon a new task, journey or change of life.  Students (and their parents) will offer up their prayers to Ganesh before important school exams too. 

Dana (37), DH Seth (37), DSS River (9) and our little Munchkin...Ahleia Rose, born 4-9-07 (7lbs, 8 oz; 21" long)
Dawn0522
by on Feb. 7, 2008 at 2:16 PM
Will he remove BFNs from my pee stick? 
UnAutre
by on Feb. 7, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Quoting Dawn0522:

Will he remove BFNs from my pee stick? 

He just might!  I can get you your own Ganesh if you want.  I was collecting them for a while because I just like him - he looks so jolly and cheerful.  I guess I would be too if I could remove obstacles at will. 
Dana (37), DH Seth (37), DSS River (9) and our little Munchkin...Ahleia Rose, born 4-9-07 (7lbs, 8 oz; 21" long)
UnAutre
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 5:59 PM
Someone's bear on the swing at Adair Park:

Ahleia on the slide:
UnAutre
by on Feb. 11, 2008 at 5:54 PM
I'm in Chicago today and tomorrow on business.  It is 10 degrees here and the snow is falling,  I took this photo from a window in a conference room in our office in the Loop.  It is overlooking S. Wacker Drive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)