Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lisa's Life ~ Day by Day

Posted by   + Show Post
Well, it is day one of my life in pics and I am excited to get started. I have a lot going on in my life right now, mainly my husband passed away 2/2/08. I am still trying to work through the loss while being mom to my 4 kids, it isn't easy and I guess more than anything else I need a bit of an escape. I am looking forward to making myself find the beauty around me as I try to deal with my loss.

So here is my first set of pictures....
This was a gift I received today from my sister-in-law, my husband's sister. She has been such an amazing gift to me and the kids and I don't know what we would do without her. The premise of the gift is that you write your hurts in the sand and then use the brush to smooth them away. I told her that I might need a larger box of sand....but this is a start. :)

Lisa in a nutshell:: 34years old, widow, love: books~snow~chocolate~coffee~
Mom to 4 amazing kids and 3 wonderful stepkids.

by on Feb. 21, 2008 at 12:39 AM
Replies (71-72):
ndmomof4
by Member on Aug. 26, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Aug 8 - We are starting off on our road trip to Colorado!!

Jr with the kids stopping by to see us off

Off we go....we had a late start but made it to Mitchell, SD before we stopped for the night.

ndmomof4
by Member on Aug. 26, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Aug 9

Wall, SD, we weren't planning to stop here but very glad that we did

After all of the signs we had to stop at Wall Drug...if you ever get the chance to go you definitely should. I wish we had more time to spend here.

Wall Drug, Wall, SD

Caitlyn had to take a pic with all of the statues on the benches! lol

The kids had fun playing in the shooting water jets

Danielle was trying to spash Britt and ended up with a water jet going off right under her

The kids had fun with all of the picture props

My silly kids

Brittany getting ran over by a runaway stage coach

Flinstones campground, this was so cute...we might have to come back here just to camp!

Mt. Rushmore...this has changed so much since we were here when Britt was little.

They really did an amazing job, it was fun to see all of the state flags

It truly was an amazing sight and the kids were excited to see something they had only before seen in books.

Back on the road....

The Sturgis Rally had just ended....there were motorcycles everywhere

Well, we drove to Bridgeport, Nebraska before we stopped for the night...Colorado isn't far from here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)