Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lisa's Life ~ Day by Day

Posted by   + Show Post
Well, it is day one of my life in pics and I am excited to get started. I have a lot going on in my life right now, mainly my husband passed away 2/2/08. I am still trying to work through the loss while being mom to my 4 kids, it isn't easy and I guess more than anything else I need a bit of an escape. I am looking forward to making myself find the beauty around me as I try to deal with my loss.

So here is my first set of pictures....
This was a gift I received today from my sister-in-law, my husband's sister. She has been such an amazing gift to me and the kids and I don't know what we would do without her. The premise of the gift is that you write your hurts in the sand and then use the brush to smooth them away. I told her that I might need a larger box of sand....but this is a start. :)

Lisa in a nutshell:: 34years old, widow, love: books~snow~chocolate~coffee~
Mom to 4 amazing kids and 3 wonderful stepkids.

by on Feb. 21, 2008 at 12:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
GwenMB
by Group Owner on May. 27, 2008 at 8:56 PM
Lisa - glad to see you're back to posting!  We've all been slacking (as you can see).  I just came back tonight intending to get going again myself so I'm glad to see you are too.  :)

Our Memorial Day was chilly, too.  David & I took Augie to our local Memorial Day program (I'll post the pic at some point) but it was windy & chilly so I was glad it wasn't too long a program.

Gwen (38) David (50) Augie (15 months) 

ndmomof4
by Member on May. 27, 2008 at 10:23 PM
Hello Gwen! Glad to see someone here, I did notice it was a bit quiet. :) I enjoyed your pictures and I am looking forward to seeing your Memorial Day pictures. Hope you had a great weekend!

Lisa in a nutshell:: 35years old, widow, love: books~snow~chocolate~coffee~

ndmomof4
by Member on May. 27, 2008 at 10:29 PM
Spring....it is finally here!?

My crab apple tree which is quite beautiful even though it is a bit on the messy side.

My flowers seem to have survived last night's frost even though I was too lazy to cover them.

The first lilac blooms of the season....these always remind me of my grandmother

Lisa in a nutshell:: 35years old, widow, love: books~snow~chocolate~coffee~

ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 4, 2008 at 1:03 AM

May 28th

Caitlyn learned this wonderful trick from her big sister ViAnnah

So sweet and innocent.....right! lol

May 29th

My wild kids

I think they have played too much Guitar Hero!

May 30th

Making pizza's for lunch

Can you believe she ate the whole thing?!

May 31st

Big sister Britt trying to show Caitlyn a ballet position

Caitlyn starts dance this fall...she was extremely excited to get her practice outfit

June 1st

We dropped Brittany off at the UND campus for Girls State, she will be gone a week

Anthony took this picture for me as you can tell by the reflection

June 2nd

This is one of my favorite places to shop for flowers

The kids and I picked out some flowers to plant in John's old coffee pot, I will post pictures of that as soon as the flowers bloom a bit more.

June 3rd

This picture is an assortment of pictures I have recently hung in the living room, the trio of pictures was taken just a few weeks after John's funeral, it was very hard and emotional to take a family picture without him. I think I was able to take three pictures before I burst into tears. The butterfly plaque is one that John's sister gave me, it says "They whom we love and lose are no longer where they were before. They are now wherever we are."

GwenMB
by Group Owner on Jun. 4, 2008 at 12:45 PM
How awesome that Brittney went to Girls State!  That is a big deal.  The MN Boys State is held on the campus of Southwest MN State which is here in the town I live in, and where my DH teaches.

Your wall display is very well put together - I'm sure it was hard to take family pics without your DH.

Gwen (38) David (50) Augie (15 months) 

ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 4, 2008 at 7:05 PM

Yes we were very excited that she was able to go to Girls State, it is always nice for them to step out of their comfort zone and do something new. We go to pick her up on Friday, I am very excited to see her again and see how she did. My brother went to Boys State when he was in high school and he still talks about what a great experience it was.

ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 4, 2008 at 7:16 PM

I took this photo for another group but thought I would share it here as well...I really need to get a case for his flag

This adorable planter was a gift from my sister

More lilac pictures...the day...well actually the entire week...has been cloudy, rainy and gloomy so I had to take pictures outside today to remind myself that summer is bound to be here sometime soon!
ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 5, 2008 at 9:43 PM
Anthony and Caitlyn having fun playing in the rain with their new umbrellas

ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 7, 2008 at 1:29 AM

This was taken this morning, it is Caitlyn with my nephew Tyler...can you tell she's NOT a morning person? lol

Not a very good picture, we had to sit in this balcony that was extremely far away. Britt is in the back row on the far left of the pic, they were being inducted because she was elected as part of the cabinet. She was also chosen as an alternate to go to Girls Nation, we were very excited that she is an alternate because she wouldn't be able to go to Washington because she is already committed to something else this summer. She had a lot of fun at Girls State and if you have girls (or boys for Boys State) I would definitely keep this in mind their Junior year....it was an amazing experience.

Britt with her Girls State roommate...it sounds as if they had a lot of fun together, Britt was quite touched when she found a note her roommate had left in her purse letting her know how much she was going to miss her.
ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 8, 2008 at 8:24 PM
A day at the park
Pics taken 6/7/08

Caitlyn being a monkey

The kids on the bridge over the Oz stage at Trollwood

Trollwood Performing Arts School, the girls have orientation tomorrow and start classes on Tuesday

Stage one of the set for Trollwood's production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Brittany very excited to be starting her first rehearsal for the mainstage musical

At the airport waiting to pickup Danielle, her plane from Minneapolis had a three hour delay! Unfortunately by the time Danielle got off of the plane the batteries on the camera were dead so I wasn't able to get a picture of her, but she had a fun trip and we are glad to have her home!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)