Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lisa's Life ~ Day by Day

Posted by   + Show Post
Well, it is day one of my life in pics and I am excited to get started. I have a lot going on in my life right now, mainly my husband passed away 2/2/08. I am still trying to work through the loss while being mom to my 4 kids, it isn't easy and I guess more than anything else I need a bit of an escape. I am looking forward to making myself find the beauty around me as I try to deal with my loss.

So here is my first set of pictures....
This was a gift I received today from my sister-in-law, my husband's sister. She has been such an amazing gift to me and the kids and I don't know what we would do without her. The premise of the gift is that you write your hurts in the sand and then use the brush to smooth them away. I told her that I might need a larger box of sand....but this is a start. :)

Lisa in a nutshell:: 34years old, widow, love: books~snow~chocolate~coffee~
Mom to 4 amazing kids and 3 wonderful stepkids.

by on Feb. 21, 2008 at 12:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 9, 2008 at 8:04 PM
Pictures taken Sunday, 6/8/08

Caitlyn playing at the park

Anthony playing at the park

My silly girls at the park, Brittany, ViAnnah & Danielle
ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 9, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Rain, rain go away....on a side note I really do need it stop raining so that I can mow my lawn!

Danielle got a shot today...she is now "one less"
ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 11, 2008 at 12:14 AM

Anthony made it Seattle safe and sound. This was his first flight alone and I was a nervous wreck! I meant to take the camera so that I could get a picture of him at the airport but I forgot! I need to remember to put it right back in my purse as soon as I download pics. So anyway, here are todays pictures:

Caitlyn...so excited, now that big brother is gone she can sleep on the top bunk! Ssshh....don't tell Anthony! :)

Good Night!

ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 14, 2008 at 12:07 PM
June 11

This is a puzzle that John, the kids and I worked on New Years Day. Usually on New Years Day we would be working, taking down Christmas stuff and getting the house in order, but John was so sick with what we thought was just pneumonia that we didn't do a darn thing. We just had a fun day, doing puzzles and playing video games/board games with the kids. I think that was the last family day with all of us together that we had before he went into the hospital.

Caitlyn and I glued the puzzle so that we can hang it in John's garage with the rest of his dragon collection.

June 12

My rose bush is finally in bloom! Actually I'm not sure if it is mine or the neighbors because it is right in the middle of our property but I'm going to claim it anyway since I am the only one who mows around it.

June 13

The project we made at daycare for Father's Day....Caitlyn made hers for Grandpa Gilbert. We are all going to be missing John so very much this Sunday.

Brandyn (stepdaughters boyfriend) and Caitlyn wrestling...she is missing having Anthony home to fight with!

Caitlyn and Brandyn who has really stepped up to spend time with the kids and help out here when he has time, not to mention how much he was there for John when we found out he had cancer....he is such a wonderful person and we all love him very much.

Caitlyn and "Bambi" which is what she started calling him before she could say his name. We had so much fun last night and it was nice to spend time with him and ViAnnah

Lisa in a nutshell:: 35years old, widow, love: books~snow~chocolate~coffee~
Mom to 4 amazing kids and 3 wonderful stepkids.

ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 15, 2008 at 12:47 AM
June 14

Took Caitlyn & Vi to the mall, as we were walking in we saw a fire right behind Barnes & Noble, it was an apartment complex, luckily no one was hurt although it sounds to be quite a bit of damage.

After lunch and a bit of shopping, Caitlyn played at the dinosaur playland.

Went home to try to mow my lawn, as you can see it didn't quite get done before it started to rain and hail.

The first storm was over fairly quickly, the second storm brought a tornado warning and massive wind, rain and hail. It was over very quickly but there were reports of trees being knocked over and parts of Fargo lost their power.
ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 16, 2008 at 12:19 AM
June 15 - Father's Day...it was a very sad day but we did our best to have a good day doing something to benefit others and just spending time together.

Caitlyn leaving a pictures for her dad for Father's Day

Benefit at church today ~ journeyforjess.com

Jumping in the bouncy castle (this is the same castle that we had for Caitlyn's bday last year)

Brittany & Danielle manned the face painting/hair decorating table

Caitlyn getting her hand/face painted by Danielle

Blowing Bubbles at the Journey for Jess benefit

Some of the photos being auctioned at the benefit

Little sister....Big sister

Playing at the park
ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 19, 2008 at 9:14 PM
June 16

Sunset in Fargo

I just love living in North Dakota!

June 17

Hector International Airport ~ Fargo, ND

Airport gift shop

Anthony finally home from his visit in Seattle

June 18

Souvenirs that Anthony brought me home from Seattle

Yummm....rice crispy bars!

June 19

It is finally warm enough to play in the sprinkler

Summer fun
ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 21, 2008 at 11:04 AM
June 20

The kids and I made monkey bread for breakfast

Anthony enjoying the monkey bread although he wasn't quite awake

My monkey eating monkey bread although I had to promise to not put nuts in it next time.
GwenMB
by Group Owner on Jun. 21, 2008 at 3:54 PM
Oh my, that monkey bread looks absolutely delicious!  Can I have some?

Gwen (38) David (50) Augie (15 months) 

ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 23, 2008 at 1:20 AM
June 21

Red River Valley Fair

My favorite food to eat at the fair

Anthony in the green car, Caitlyn and my nephew Tyler in the red car

You can't have a fair in North Dakota without getting rained out...but luckily it didn't take long for the rainbow to appear and the rest of the night was perfect.

Brittany & her boyfriend Josh who rode every ride and rode the zipper 4 times in a row!

The kids had a lot of fun riding the rides, you can see Danielle in the purple balloon who was on her first "date"

Riding the tilt-a-whirl

Silly Caitlyn who had so much fun at the fair and can't wait to go back!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)