Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lisa's Life ~ Day by Day

Posted by   + Show Post
Well, it is day one of my life in pics and I am excited to get started. I have a lot going on in my life right now, mainly my husband passed away 2/2/08. I am still trying to work through the loss while being mom to my 4 kids, it isn't easy and I guess more than anything else I need a bit of an escape. I am looking forward to making myself find the beauty around me as I try to deal with my loss.

So here is my first set of pictures....
This was a gift I received today from my sister-in-law, my husband's sister. She has been such an amazing gift to me and the kids and I don't know what we would do without her. The premise of the gift is that you write your hurts in the sand and then use the brush to smooth them away. I told her that I might need a larger box of sand....but this is a start. :)

Lisa in a nutshell:: 34years old, widow, love: books~snow~chocolate~coffee~
Mom to 4 amazing kids and 3 wonderful stepkids.

by on Feb. 21, 2008 at 12:39 AM
Replies (31-40):
ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 23, 2008 at 1:34 AM
June 22

You know it is finally summer when you can eat ice cream outside and it melts!

When we got home we had a visitor in the front yard

The evening was spent getting John's garage back in order, I finally got the xmas stuff up in the rafters

John's bar....it is so sad to be in here without John but at the same time it would be even sadder if we didn't use it the way he would wish us to, which would be spending time with friends/family having lots of fun.

As hard and emotional as it was to get John's garage clean, it is this face (along with her siblings) that keeps me going and gives me a reason to smile.
GwenMB
by Group Owner on Jun. 24, 2008 at 9:07 AM
Wow, that is quite the garage!  Looks like a fun place to hang.

Gwen (38) David (50) Augie (16 months) 

ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 29, 2008 at 7:31 PM
June 23

My new grille

My very first time barbecuing

June 24

The kids and I had dinner here, one of our favorite places to eat

Yumm!

Dessert :)

June 25

My stepdaughter ViAnnah...due October 11

Filling up the swimming pool
ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 29, 2008 at 7:44 PM
June 26

Caitlyn enjoying her watermelon

So cute...time to make another trip to the zoo!

June 27

Good friends, good times...barbecue at my house. This is also going to be my "BEFORE" picture because I am starting a healthier lifestyle as of now...that chin is horrible! (I am in the blue) I almost didn't post this but what better motivation than to put it out there that I want to get healthy! :) Wish me luck.

Irene and Dale

Kristy and Mike

June 28

Sleeping princess
ndmomof4
by Member on Jun. 29, 2008 at 7:54 PM
June 29

Today we went to see FMCT's showing of 101 Dalmatians

There were 120 children in this production as well as several high school student members in the production staff. They did a wonderful job, it was so cute to see all of those tiny little puppies! Sadly, we couldn't take pictures during the show due to Disney copyright but it was very cute!

Caitlyn the Dalmatian

Caitlyn and cousin Joey

Today was very warm and sunny, the kids had fun playing in the pool.
ndmomof4
by Member on Jul. 11, 2008 at 9:18 AM
July 1

Anthony at his physical, getting ready for his eye surgery next week. They gave him this puppy to cuddle with.

July 2

Sun Celebration at Trollowood Performing Arts School where the kids give demonstrations from the classes they have been taking, Britt is above in the red doing a routine learned in her jazz class.

Caitlyn thinks she can do yoga too!

Danielle (on the left) during her stage combat class

Brittany about to go in for the "kill" during stage combat

Danielle is "killed" in the 3 musketeer scene

Brittany (in black) after the huge 3 Musketeer battle in which she assists the 3 Musketeers in bringing down the bad guys....there were many casualties.

At the end of the night we got a sneak preview of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat which is going to be amazing! Britt is on the far RH side of the pic...not sure if that is stage left or stage right...that always confuses me! lol
ndmomof4
by Member on Jul. 11, 2008 at 9:47 AM
July 3

Cute little monkey at the zoo...I forget what they are called

Caitlyn hugging the goat

Riding the carousel

We got to see the new baby wolves which are adorable! I can't wait to see the rock that I bought for the wolf habitat in John's name

Anthony & Caitlyn with cousins Tyler and Joey....they all had a lot of fun at the zoo!
ndmomof4
by Member on Jul. 11, 2008 at 10:20 AM
July 4 - Happy 4th of July....this also would have been our 6th anniversary which made it a very hard day but I did my best to keep it together.

Anthony and Brandyn taking care of the food

Yummm...jalapeno poppers!

The poppers were a little too hot for John's sister! lol

Little Miss Fourth of July!

I was too busy watching the amazing show to get many good pictures, they did a really good job and we had a really good spot to watch.

After the firework show  we made a quick stop at the cemetery so that I could visit with John for a bit on our anniversary...it was almost midnight so I was feeling kinda creepy waiting for something to reach out and grab my ankle so I didn't get as sad as I would have if I had went during the day.
ndmomof4
by Member on Jul. 11, 2008 at 11:15 AM

July 5

Beautiful flowers I received from ViAnnah & Brandyn (stepdaughter and her BF) to remember our anniversary.

July 6

Caitlyn making a wish

July 7

Postcards I sent out after joining postcrossing.com...the kids and I are excited to start getting some back in return...I wonder where they will come from?

The front of my postcards sent

July 8

Anthony is throwing a birthday party for his best friend Carly today

Anthony is decorating the deck to get ready for the party

Carly, Anthony and Carly's brother Jonah...it was a very fun birthday. :)

ndmomof4
by Member on Jul. 11, 2008 at 11:34 AM
July 9 - The day of Anthony's eye surgery...I have been extremely nervous about this and have been up all night worrying about it

Driving to the hospital at 5:45am

Anthony playing a game with Aunt Rocky was we wait for the doctor

Anthony in his hosptial gown...he thought the rubber grips on the socks were decorative so he put them on backwards! lol

The nurses brought this wagon for Anthony to ride on to the operating room but he refused to get in...I tried to talk Aunt Rocky into getting in it so I could take a picture but she wouldn't sit in it either! lol

Well, the gown is on, people have talked to him and checked him all morning...it is just about time to go.

This is where mom has to say goodbye and sit in the waiting room hoping that my little boy is in good hands.....

So I sit and wait and after 25minutes the dr comes out...is something wrong? He can't be done already? No...not done...it seems that Anthony's eyes needed a more extensive surgery after another check right before surgery. This doctor can do a simple surgery but the one he recommends to do for Anthony will have to be done in Minneapolis. So we decide to not do the surgery today and reschedule for September....so now back to worrying...I will be happy when this is finally over!

Anthony saying goodbye to his doctor and nurse...he was happy to not have surgery cause that meant he could go to his friends swimming party the next day! lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN