Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lisa's Life ~ Day by Day

Posted by   + Show Post
Well, it is day one of my life in pics and I am excited to get started. I have a lot going on in my life right now, mainly my husband passed away 2/2/08. I am still trying to work through the loss while being mom to my 4 kids, it isn't easy and I guess more than anything else I need a bit of an escape. I am looking forward to making myself find the beauty around me as I try to deal with my loss.

So here is my first set of pictures....
This was a gift I received today from my sister-in-law, my husband's sister. She has been such an amazing gift to me and the kids and I don't know what we would do without her. The premise of the gift is that you write your hurts in the sand and then use the brush to smooth them away. I told her that I might need a larger box of sand....but this is a start. :)

Lisa in a nutshell:: 34years old, widow, love: books~snow~chocolate~coffee~
Mom to 4 amazing kids and 3 wonderful stepkids.

by on Feb. 21, 2008 at 12:39 AM
Replies (41-50):
ndmomof4
by Member on Jul. 11, 2008 at 11:39 AM
July 10

Brittany doing setwork at Trollwood

I can't wait to see the completed stage!! I am so excited for this show...it is going to be amazing. :)

July 11

Caitlyn has this weird mark on her shoulder, it looked like a rug burn but it seems weird that she would have a rug burn there....starting to wonder if maybe it is a spider bite? I think I am going to take her to get it checked today.
ndmomof4
by Member on Jul. 12, 2008 at 12:04 PM
July 11

We went to the dr yesterday evening to have Caitlyn's shoulder checked, it was getting redder and oozing liquid...the skin around it was hot and she said it hurt when I touched it

The dr said it was just an abrasion and not infected and gave us an ointment to put on it...I wasn't too happy with the dr, he was the first dr that diagnosed John with bronchitis and gave him a 30min lecture on smoking which just pissed John off and made him not want to go back when he didn't get better right away. He was very abrupt last night which was fine cause I didn't really want to deal with him, he is a young, foreign doctor and not very pleasant...I am going to get his name on Monday and make sure that we don't ever get him again because I was so angry when I saw him last night I just wanted to hit him because I can't help but wonder if John would still be here if he could have gotten treated for the pneumonia properly and yes he would have still had cancer but his body would have been stronger to fight it and at least we might have had more time with him.

The kids and I went out to Duane's Pizza after the dr visit...We don't eat there often but when we do we pig out....it is such yummy pizza! lol And since you get those little tiny squares it seems as if you haven't eaten much until you stop eating and realize that your jeans are too tight! rofl
asparklenmyeye
by Member on Jul. 15, 2008 at 5:28 AM
I have truely enjoyed your posts,

ASPARKLENMYEYE

ndmomof4
by Member on Jul. 15, 2008 at 11:28 AM
July 12

Trollwood set of Joseph...opening night is July 17!

Modern day hieroglyphics ...the puppy one made me laugh!

Imagine our surprise to see the Porsche drive up on stage during rehearsal!

Britt with her hair done for rehearsals...her hair isn't this long...it's an extension.

Brittany & Danielle...sisterly love

May Peace Prevail On Earth... I just love this display

Trollwood summer programs...they are celebrating their 30th anniversary this year!
ndmomof4
by Member on Jul. 15, 2008 at 11:37 AM
July 13

John's sister Verlee at the welcoming new members picnic at church

Caitlyn dancing with her pony while listening to the worship band

It was a bit windy out!

Had to take a picture of this cute little camper/trailer we seen in the Wal-Mart parking lot...I want one! lol
ndmomof4
by Member on Jul. 15, 2008 at 11:43 AM
July 14

Updated pic of Trollwood's Joseph set during rehearsal...opening day is coming soon!

Watching a dress rehearsal...I just love those go-go dresses for the "Go Go Joseph" scene...I think I might try to duplicate one for a Halloween costume for Caitlyn!

Downtown Fargo
ndmomof4
by Member on Jul. 16, 2008 at 10:59 AM
July 15

Parent pre-view of Trollwood's Joseph...opening night is in 2 days!!

Joseph was so amazing...all of the kids were amazing and talented...but the actor who played Joseph just blew me away...his talent was incredible!

Silly Caitlyn with Uncle Harvey

My stepson JR and nephew Dustin...we were all amazed that they both not only came to the show but enjoyed it as well...although I think they were most impressed with the car that looked like it drove off the set of "Back to the Future"
ndmomof4
by Member on Jul. 17, 2008 at 1:05 PM
July 16

Britt's boyfriend Josh made this paper mache lion head for her...for some reason she won't let me fill it with candy and use it as a pinata for Caitlyn's next birthday! lol

Last night was another sneak-peek of Joseph, this time for corporate sponsors Microsoft and State Bank employees...after the show Britt and I went to Applebees for dinner...we got this chocolate mousse for dessert...yummy!
TKsMommie
by on Jul. 17, 2008 at 5:43 PM
I can't wait to see the pictures from the show!! I'm jealous I always wanted to do something like that!!
ndmomof4
by Member on Jul. 19, 2008 at 1:45 PM
July 17 - Opening night of Trollwood's Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat!

Joseph and his brother's....these guys definitely stole the show!

The "Hairy Ishmaelites" taking Joseph away in their Delorean! lol

Go Go Go Joseph!!

Britt is in the middle....look at that intense face! lol

They had a great opening night and I can't wait to go back again!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)