Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey everyone!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:01 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 213 Total Views

Hi everyone! My name's Crystal. Here's a little about myself:

• I'm an Army wife and SAHM to a 5 year old. My boys are the center of my world and I wouldn't ask for it any other way. We also have 2 dogs and a cat.
  • I am a full time college student. I am 4 classes short of my AA in early childhood education. My original plan was to go on to become a teacher, but I am not sure if I will or not. I'm still young, I have plenty of time to figure it out.
  • I try to stay positive. I believe there is always a silverlining and that if you can live through hearing the bad news, you will make it through whatever that news might be. It might hurt like hell sometimes and you might not know how to get through, but eventually you will. Experience has taught me that the sun always comes out after it rains, even if it rains everyday for 3 weeks.
  • I love kids. My husband and I can't have more children, so I've taken to borrowing my friends' kids. Do you have a kid? I will probably borrow him or her too.
  •  I love to bake. Makes it a little hard to keep the figure I'd like to have, but I'm addicted to my chocolate chips. It is the price I pay I guess!
  • My resume says I have "strong leadership qualities". (read: I take charge when I need to. I'm the oldest of 4 girls, I can't help it). I don't usually come across as bossy unless I'm dealing with my sisters, but it's one of those childhood qualities none of us have managed to give up.

I look forward to meeting some moms and make some new friends. Do any of you get together for playdates with the kids or girl's nights out? If you didn't pick up on it yet, I'm a little chatty. Also need to find a good dentist ASAP, so any suggestions would be great!

Have a great day ladies :D

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mkfran
by Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Hi welcome!  I was working on my M.A.T. in early childhood.  I'm just short (haven't pass the 2nd part of the GACE) and I need to do an internship.  Not sure right now if I want to teach.  Seems to be hard finding teaching jobs.  I work fulltime on Fort Stewart.  I also own my own Mary Kay business.  If you would ever be interested in having a facial and giving me your opinion of our products, I would love to meet you.  Just email me or visit my webpage.  Take care!  www.marykay.com/fnelson1 or email: fnelson1@marykay.com

Stefanie1117
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Hi! I'm Stefanie!  We just moved to here from Fort Riley. I have a 6 yr old daughter and a 5 Year old son with #3 on the way in May(if i make it) I'd love to do a play date with you if you'd ever want to meet up.. we live in Midway but I'm on post atleast twice a week for doc appts. I'm currently a SAHM too.. I'm waiting until after #3 comes and summer vacation for my other two to be over and I think I will start some classes online in the fall..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)