Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to Ft Stewart

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:56 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

We will be moving to Ft Stewart in mid April, if our house sells by then. I am preg with my 2nd munchkin due in july and was wondering what info I needed to know about housing, pediatricians, oby/gyn, how the drs and hospitals are down there, I have never lived on a base before so I have no idea what to expect and how to find out about these things, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

Crystal

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
armywifey0812
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Well I am not in fort stewart yet but we will be coming in mid march.  I have talked to housing and they said that I would need dh's orders birth cert. for children marriage cert. copy of current les and hubbys contract because this is our first duty station.  Other than that I am not sure about the rest.  I wish the best of luck.  I hope to meet you when you get there. 

You can go to   onestop.army.mil

this is a housing website that will tell you about the base and housing and you get contact info from the website.  It will tell that the certifcation is not good or something like that just click go to website anyway. 

also another good website is arhn.com  it is a housing website that gives you pics and info on base housing and off base housing. 

hope this helps. 

Crystal1621
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Well I talked to some other people who live there and they said if you only have 2 kids you can only get a 2 bedroom on base housing, and that that housing is old housing and really crappy, so it looks like we will try and live off base. but thanks so much for the info

mamavis
by Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:34 AM

alright crystal here it goes:

the housing is not really crappy only certain areas of post.  they have brand new housing areas on post too.  the ob/gyn clinic will probably send you off post.  if they do have them send you to dr. mcleod at the women's clinic.  he is the best ob/gyn in the area.  he goes to my church.  i am getting ready to refer my son's girlfriend to him.  she is pregnant and due in august.  but it might take you some time to get on post. 

the number to the hospital is 912-435-6633 call and ask more specifics if you need too. 

let me know what else i can answer for you.  i have lived here for 17 years and raised 2 boys here. 

Have a great day and week,

Mrs. V (as my students call me)have a nice weekend

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)