Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Selling my ONLINE clothing business - A great opportunity!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:36 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 49 Total Views

Hello! 

I am selling my company--Mamalama Wear (a breastfeeding clothing line).  I started Mamalama nearly two years ago.  I worked hard to develop a small, but solid breastfeeding line for mothers which in turn has proven to be a successful home-based business.  The profits provided my family a source of secondary income as well as an opportunity for ME to exercise parts of my brain that otherwise may be ignored as I care for my three young kids at home. 

I know there are a lot of bogus WAHM offers out there; in fact, most are.  Please understand that this opportunity is not at all on the same level as what you come across when looking for a chance to make a secondary income.  Mamalama Wear is a single business...in fact, it is a TURN-KEY business.  It is my business--one that I started from scratch; you will pick up where I left off.  And, while I have mentioned the profits as being a "secondary" income, it can most definitely rise to the level of a primary source of money depending on the level of your involvement.  Once Mamalama Wear was fully created (endless hours...), I maintained it by working 1 hour in the morning and 1-2 hours in the evening (on average).  

As in any retail clothing line, Mamalama has potential for continuous growth.  Over the past while, I have sold wholesale orders to other retail stores (USA, Canada, New Zealand and Australia).

Perhaps you are asking yourself, "If Mamalama is a great little business, then why are you selling it?"  Well, I am returning to my place of work in August as my children are now ready to attend school.  I am a teacher and, quite frankly, I know deep down that I will not be able to give my business the attention it needs or deserves.  As well, and this may sound hokey, but I will experience great satisfaction if another mother can enjoy this business as I did and gain some peace in bringing additional funds to her family.  It would be a complete waste to just let my business sit here stagnant.  Perhaps some of you can understand my feelings on this.  And, no...the business is not for free; I am still business minded.  Selling my business is a win-win for both myself and another woman.

This is getting long, so I will just write a few more thoughts.  The attractive point about this clothing line is that it is a "functional" clothing line...not a seasonal trend nor a fad.  Hence, Mamalama Wear has lasting power--in so long as there are women giving birth to babies and nursing them for a period of time.  I think we can count on that happening for a long time.

There is plenty more to say, however I will save it for those that are interested and inquire into this opportunity.  Again, remember...this is a turn-key business--you just pick up the reins and hold on; the horse is already running.

SOME LINKS:

www.mamalamawear.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Mamalama-Wear - there aren't any listings as we just recently moved  and I can only handle the order volume from the website.  However, you can view the feedback and prices. 

FYI (Mamalama Wear has presence on the Internet):

• The eBay store shows up on the FIRST page of GOOGLE for a search in "breastfeeding tank tops" & the online site is on the SECOND page.
  • Yahoo shows the online site on the SECOND page as well for the same search.

Not bad.  Actually, pretty amazing.  Hehe.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)