Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I over-reacting?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 10:41 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 368 Total Views

Hello ladies! Ok I have been with my son's father for 5 years and are expecting our second one soon. But lately, strange things have been going on and I need opinions. First, one night he was going to stay up and watch TV downstairs but me being pregnant and always sleepy said I was going to bed upstairs. So I wake up about an hour later for some reason and realize how quiet it was. So I got up and looked downstairs and he wasn't there. So I walked down and looked in the garage where he sometimes hides out in his "man cave".. but no. So I call him and I ask where are you? He says "Oh you're already awake? Oh well I'm just sitting in my car listening to music." I was like uhh ok, I guess.. g'nite. So I go to bed, he comes to bed a whole hour later. Second, YESTERDAY I always call him when I'm getting off work to see if he has gotten off already to see who will go pick up our son. His job varies and sometimes he gets off sooner. But when I called him, no answer. So I just assume he's still working and go on my way to pick up my son. Well as I'm pulling up to get him, my man calls me and says Oh sorry I had left my job but had to turn back b/c I left my phone there. No biggie. We both get home around the same time and I'm going to give my son a bath when I notice the shower is kind of wet, like someone had used it not that long ago. Also, I notice in the hamper the shirt he had put on in the morning, he was now wearing a dif shirt. But his family was over and I didn't want to confront him while they were there. So I went to bed and he FINALLY came to bed like 3 hours later and I asked him "When did you come home today?" He just says "oh I had some shit to take care of" That did not answer my question. So I just rolled over and went back to sleep. I mean, what do I make of this? I just don't know. Any advice, or opinions would help. Sorry so lengthy. Thanks gals!

by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Shauna71904
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 10:44 AM

ummm I am sorry, sounds fishy to me. I think he is cheating. Sorry....

KristynRuth
by Member on Jan. 21, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Oh don't be sorry, I of course have assumed this. I just don't know what I should do, I mean I don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill, I don't have PROOF you know, just my instincts and the fishyness of the whole situation.

prettymama72106
by Member on Feb. 4, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I have to agree it sounds fishy and unfortunetly I think he is probably cheating I am so sorry for you  I have been there and frankly I don't think you are overreacting and even if he isn't cheating something is definetley up and should be discussed

angel_eyez
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2011 at 4:05 AM
If u want an answer to what he may be doing just change up your schedule. Show up early, stop calling him when u get out of work. Show up at his job to 'bring him lunch'. Things like that will bring u some answers. Have someone stay at the house without telling him. Just change up your routine and become unpredictable when the time feels right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennyfer
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:32 AM

I agree. You could also tell him you're going to be home form work late and actually be home earlier... right now is the perfect time to be sneaky in order to find things out because he's still thinking he's being smart and pulling one over. He won't suspect it... Hopefully we're all wrong but.... Good luck and keep us posted :)

Quoting angel_eyez:

If u want an answer to what he may be doing just change up your schedule. Show up early, stop calling him when u get out of work. Show up at his job to 'bring him lunch'. Things like that will bring u some answers. Have someone stay at the house without telling him. Just change up your routine and become unpredictable when the time feels right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)