Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do I have the right??

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:55 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 361 Total Views
Ok let me see if I can explain this... Yes some of you will think I'm stupid in the first place but hopefully we can get past that. When I met my boyfriend, his ex girlfriend still lived with him. They had been seperated for two months yet she still had nowhere else to go. Ok I put my foor down, in the first week she was out, moved back in with her mom. So they were together for awhile so they have bills together or whatever. Ok I get that. I made him at least stop paying her share of them which he did. The only thing he pays now is a loan they took out together. Of course she still calls him about stupid stuff. Any excuse to call him but itwas mostly about the kitten he got her last mother's day because she knew how attatched he was to that cat. Well last night she calls him and tells him that the cat is sick. (now this is after she's told everyone I'm fat and ugly, tried to run over me in the car, found me on myspace and made an account JUST TO SEND ME A MESSAGE!! so on and so forth) and that she wants him to take them to the animal hospital about an hour or so away at 11 o'clock at night (he was at work). So he calls me to ask me about it and asks me if I would be comfortable going. I said fine but she said hell no. After a back and forth argument her dad finally takes her and by now the cat is dead. So he comes home from work and tells me about it so I try to comfort him. We lay down to go to sleep and she calls at 12:40 at night knowing both of us have to get up at 5am. She's crying or whatever and he's trying to calm her down. For some reason the main thing that sticks out in my mind is when he said "I can't hold you anymore". I don't know why but I've been stuck on that all day. He told her to just calm down and get some sleep. So they fight a few more times and he finally says goodnight. Then maybe 10 mins later she text messages him and says something about 'i'm in a time of need and you're just beeing an asshole' i'm like OMG!!!

Sooooo all that said he's moving in with me next week. Do I have the right to say break it off completly?! I mean I know he's just trying to be nice because he's a nice guy but I don't know how much more I can take. And how do I say it without him getting mad at me???
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:59 PM
I wouldn't put up with any of that what-so-ever! There is a reason they broke up!! He has moved on with his life so he needs to completely move on! I wouldn't have put up with it in the first place, especially now!  You definitely have the right to say that!
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:58 PM
u know what, i went through this same shit with my baby and his ex. she is just trying to find a way back into his life and if it makes u incomfortable then hell yeah u should tell him to break it off. there is no good reason for anyone to hold onto an ex if they have moved on. if you don't say anything he'll think its ok and the communication between them will never end. your better than that and you should not have to share YOUR man in any way,  so put yur foot down and tell the bitch to move the fuck on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Member on May. 7, 2007 at 5:07 PM
I think you have every right to tell him to break it off. But again he should want to break it off to, and maybe there is a reason he doesnt want to break it off. I mean shes obviously crazy after doing all this stuff to you and maybe hes afraid of what she will do if he breaks it off completely. but he does need to cut it off regardless because if she has feelings for her like i think she does then she will never get over it if they are still talking. So tell him to cut her out.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 5:17 PM
you have every right... 
i have absolutely no tolerance for ex girlfriends..
by on May. 8, 2007 at 11:39 AM

you have every right to tell him he needs to break it off. He needs to do it before he moves in with you! They don't have a child together, just a cat and the cats dead now so theres no reason for them to continue speaking AT ALL. Shes just trying to make her way back into his life. And if she has done so many rotten things to you he should want her out of his life as well.

by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 1:33 PM
I agree I would not move in with him until you sit him down and discuss this with him and make yourself very clear that he needs to break it off completely with her.
by on May. 8, 2007 at 2:45 PM
I honestly feel ya, only instead of a cat, our dilemma was with his son with his ex. Well my b/f 's ex went into preterm labor when he and her were still together, and after Riley was born he had to stay in the hospital for a few months, all the while they were still living together. My b/f smokes(green) and he asked her at the time Riley  was born if she wanted him to quit, and she said no its ok, (he would always go outside and stuff to smoke) well the day Ry was getting released she told him he had to quit right then and there, and he said, u gotta give me a few days, i cant just stop like that, thats why he had asked before so he had time before the baby came home, well they pick Ry up from the hospital and they head home, she drops my b/f off at their apartment and told him she was taking Riley and moving into her mothers, and then just drove away. Well months went by they kept in contact, and she would bring Ry over for him to see. About 7 months later he and I start dating, and oh boy poop hit the fan with her! She flipped told him he wasnt allowed to see Riley anymore-blah-blah, well he kept trying to make contact with her and finally she agreed to bring Riley over, I left the house and came to visit my mom for a few hours while they hung out, This went on until I was about 4 months pregnant, so about 5 1/2 months of me and him being together, and then I finally said I wasnt going to leave the house every weekend, and some times 2-3 times during the week so they could get together, they need to deal with the spilt parenting the right way, he take Riley every weekend or whatever. Well she wouldnt go for it, so Keith didnt get to see his son for over 2 months. The b***h would call the phone 100 times a day just to start fights with him, she would come over and ring the buzzer for 40 mins straight, just a complete loop. Finally they talked and they started to see each-other again, meeting at parks and stuff, we fought all the time and I told him to leave, he went back to her for a month and all they did was fight 24/7 and he finally realized Riley's life would be better without seeing his parents fight all the time, we worked stuff out and have been happy since then, but unfortunately he has not seen Riley since Blake(our son) has been born, and I have never met him. We are going to take her to court, but my b/f wants to clean his record up some and take his alcohol classes from 4 years ago first. my opinion PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN, NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT MAY PISS HIM OFF IF HE REALLY LOVES U AND WANTS TO BE WITH YOU, HE WILL GET OVER HER AND SEE WHAT HE HAS NOW-YOU. Do it now, cuz after a year of it you will be ready to hang yourself.
by on May. 8, 2007 at 6:20 PM
Thats just way too freakin weird. I totally wouldnt have it! I remember my bf's ex called him about 6 mos after they had been broke up and he had been w me and she had gotten pregnant by some dude who she had been friends w forever and she was upset so she called my bf. I asked him, what did she want him to say or do about it, he said he told her if she didnt want it to give it up 4 adop, she said she didnt want to do that and he said, so keep it then...
I wa like why is she callin you? Does she think you're gonna raise it or something? So then she calls when she is like 5 mos pregnant and tells him she's craving his cooking! I was like, does that stupid bitch think she's gonna come over and eat w us? I was trippin, and he didnt comfort he ror whatever, so u should be just boilin! Tell him its way too creepy and you're not down for their sick little game. Dont let him do that to u. Dont move him in until he has no more contact w her either. Dont be that girl who gets cheated on and totally saw it coming!!
by on May. 9, 2007 at 4:05 PM
Hell yea you have the right!  Ex's are ex's for a reason.  Time for him to step up and move on 100%. 
by New Member on May. 10, 2007 at 3:02 AM
Ya you have the right to be mad. At both of them. He should get the point across, hell change his #! She should go find a new cat all of her own, And if it was me in your position the bitches car would be messed up and her teeth would be gone. But thats just me.... I hope you get through this on top. Because this girl sounds like she may need her cell phone to be placed up her ass.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)