Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

topic of the week!!! 5

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 10:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 201 Total Views

Last week one of my BF owners, in the company he works for, had taken 3 of his older children to school and then went to work as usual.  His wife normally had taken the kids to school but had a morning appointment to get her hair done.  Her husband arrived at work at 8:30.  When his wife was on her way home back from her hair appt. she met her husband at his job for lunch.  After a few mimutes of conversation to decisde which vechicle to take, they chose to take Mrs. R's car.   Later that day, around 3:30 when Mr. R was getting offof work.  He had no idea that as every step he took, not only was he getting closer to his car but he was getting closer to the worst day of his life.  When he opened the door, in the back seat of his car was his 15 month old son.  He had been left in the car for 7 hours.  The temp of the car had reached 142 degrees.  After many attempts of reviving the 15 month old boy, there was nothing anyone could do.  Mr. R did not know that someone had put the sleepy 15 month old in his car while he walked out the door that morning.  He thought his wife had had him.  He should have gone to daycare that morning.
Right now this familes life has been turned upside down!!  There are homicide charges on Mr. R.  the lose of a son, brother, grandson and friend and maybe a father is a lot for this family right now.   Please keep them in your prayers and PLEASE keep an extra eye one our children, this could of happen to any of us!!

by on May. 7, 2007 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
evercass
by New Member on May. 7, 2007 at 10:40 PM
OMG!! That is my worst nightmare.  What happened to the boy?  I will be praying for them.  How did they not realize this when she met him for lunch?  Was he supposed to be at a sitter? 
pamila
by Group Owner on May. 7, 2007 at 10:55 PM
he past on that day.  He should have been taken to daycare.
evercass
by New Member on May. 7, 2007 at 11:28 PM

I will be praying for them, that is so horrible, sorry, I didn't get the details 'til you edited your post. 

megan25
by on May. 7, 2007 at 11:35 PM
WOW!!! I could never imagine! I will pray for them though! Is his wife blaming him? How is MR. R holding up?
michaelsmomma
by Member on May. 8, 2007 at 4:47 AM
wow thats insane. but how could he not have noticed? if he had to get the other kids out for school wouldnt he have realized the baby was in the car? i dont know to me that just seems kinda odd. but the family is in my thoughts!
pamila
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2007 at 1:23 PM
the kids were older. so they just ran out of the car prolly and the baby kept sleeping.  He didnt know someone put the baby in the car. he just thought he was taking the older kids to school.  it is  a crazy story but an honest horrific mistake on his part.  the wife is not blaming him they are both blaming themseleves, as well as the people at his job.  they are in shock b./c anyone of his co-workers could have walked past his car at any point during the day.
Jennteel
by on May. 9, 2007 at 4:29 PM
I would die!  That is aweful and I can only imagine what that family is going through.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)