Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY MOM SENT THIS TO ME

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:40 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 241 Total Views
MY MOM SENT THIS TO ME

McDonalds, Chuck E Cheese, Discovery Zone...  I urge each and every one of you to pass this on to as many people as you can. I cannot stress how important this is! This is very disturbing news. In addition to the following true story,

I will also add that my own sons were playing in the ball pit at Chuckee Cheese one day.

One son lost his watch, and was very upset. We dug and dug in those balls, trying to find the watch.

Instead, we found vomit, food, feces, and other stuff I do not want to discuss. I went to the manager and raised hell. Come to find out, the ball pit is only cleaned out once a month. I have doubts that it is even done that often. My kids will never play in another ball pit. Now read this:

PRETTY SCARY!!

Please read and be very careful with our childern!!!

Be very careful when taking your kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, etc.to the McDonald's Ball Pit play area. Ask the manager when was the last time they cleaned the play area out. Please read this even if you don't have children and forward it to everybody you can! This is so sad and so terrible!

Hi. My name is Lauren Archer, my son Kevin and I lived in Midland,TN. On October 2nd, 1999 I took my only son to McDonald's for his 3rd birthday. After he finished lunch, I allowed him to play in the ball pit. When he started whining later on, I asked him what was wrong, he pointed to the back of his pull-up and simply said "Mommy, it hurts." I couldn't find anything wrong with him at that time. I bathed him when we got home, and it was at that point when I found a welt on his left buttock. Upon investigating, it seemed as if there was something like a splinter under the welt. I made an appointment to see the doctor the next day, but soon he started vomiting and shaking, then his eyes rolled back into his head. From there, we went to the emergency room. He died later that night. It turned out that the welt on his buttock was the tip of a hypodermic needle that had broken off inside. The autopsy revealed that Kevin had died from a heroine overdose. The next week, the police removed the balls from the ball pit. There was rotten food, several hypodermic needles: some full, some used; knives, half-eaten candy, diapers, feces, and the stench of urine.

If a child is not safe in a child's play area then where? You can find the article on Kevin Archer in the October 10,1999 issue of the Midland Chronicle.

Please forward this to all loving mothers, fathers and anyone who loves and cares for children!

Don't think it's just McDonald's either or that this is something that just started. When my oldest son who is now 9 was small the area Burger King closed their play area for awhile for "remodeling" because in another town there had been an incident similar to the one described above that happen @ a Burger King. A little boy had been playing in a ball pit & started complaining of his legs hurting. He later died too. He was found to have snake bites all over his legs & buttocks. When they cleaned the ball pit they found that there was a copperhead nest in the ball pit. He had suffered numerous bites from a very posinous snake. I wouldn't let my son play in the ball pit after that. I was lucky even though that wasn't at our Burger King or McDonald's it could have been. I still have my son. Please send this on so that it doesn't happen to someone you know.  I HAVE SENT THIS TO ALL THE GROUPS I'M IN SORRY IF U SEE IT TWICE

by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wisedup1
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:47 AM
I just double checked this on Snopes.com.  It said false. 
However just the concept of letting your child play in something like that sounds scarey and gross enough as it is!  Yuck!
luvdatkayla06
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:53 AM

Quoting wisedup1:

I just double checked this on Snopes.com.  It said false. 
However just the concept of letting your child play in something like that sounds scarey and gross enough as it is!  Yuck!

I DID THAT TO THER IS A MOTHER ON HER THAT SAID HER DAUGHETER GOT SCARLET FEVER FROM THE BALL PITS  SO IT'S NOT AS NASTY BUT STILL
irishcarrie75
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:25 PM
This has urban legend written all over it!  C'mon, if this was true, ANY of it, it would have been on every single newscast for weeks and weeks.  Use a little common sense and think abut the rumors you're putting out there before pass them on. There's no use needlessly frightening other parents.
Atarismommy
by Member on Jun. 21, 2007 at 12:14 AM
Yeah I've seen this in other groups.. I guess its not true. I know for sure (cuz I knew someone that worked at mcdonalds and had to clean the ball pit) that it usually smells of pee really bad.. and Im sure theres some moldy food in there. I just suggest we buy those toys r us ball pits for our homes if our children really want to play in one.
sandbmommy
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2007 at 11:06 PM

i stepped on a rusty nail once in a ball pit aand had to get a tetus shot i also found a condom once in the ball pit...both really really nasty, just letting you know i wouldnt go near the ball pit its just gross.
baileysmommy06
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2007 at 11:08 PM
Snopes debunks it, i fell for it too when it first came out

~yea about that, whatever it is, I didn't do it!~

veg4animals2006
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 11:09 PM
I will second this. Even if this particular story is not true. I remember as a child finding the most foul disgusting things in ball pits at restaraunts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)