Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i don't know what to do.....

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:07 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 290 Total Views
i'm fighting the urge lately to leave my daughter's father.... i feel horrible for it...
i love him to death, but he can be so childish.... last night he said a few things that really hurt me.... maybe i was just being too sensitive, but if i had said those things to him, he would've been upset too.... it just felt like the last straw... i sat up most of the night thinking how i was gonna talk to him in the morning when he left for work.... i said to him that i still felt very hurt by what he had said and that i would like an apology.... he refused to even agnolged the fact that i was upset... he didn't think that what he had said warrented an apology.... he says stuff to me all the time, but i usually just let it slide thinking he's just cranky from work.... but when he left for work this morning, after our conversation, i just sat there crying.... i don't know what to do.... i want to leave just maybe show him how it's be if i were really gone, but i love him and i would miss him so much.... please give me any advice you ladies have... i would apreciate it.....
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
krislmockabee
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:20 AM
If you feel like you want out of the relationship then it is a good idea to leave, Have you thought of couples counseling if you stay.  Sorry if this is short, Just woke up.
CMEckery
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:23 AM

Quoting krislmockabee:

If you feel like you want out of the relationship then it is a good idea to leave, Have you thought of couples counseling if you stay.  Sorry if this is short, Just woke up.

i don't think he would agree to couseling....
kelpresmommy
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:29 AM
well if he is treating yo like this and talking to you like this and not wanting to appoligize then its best to take your daughter and leave.
you dont want your daughter to grow up thinking that its ok to take crap from a man even if you do love him and you do have a kid with him do you? i am sorry but i know where i am coming from my daughters father was the same way and never want to own up to or say he was sorry or nothing. my sons father abused me and threatended me and i am sorry but i dont want my kids raised around that, my daughter is going to know a man is not going to miss treat you  if they want respect they have to give it too. my son it going to show women with respect to so he can get it back. all i am saying its not just you any more think of your daughter!!!!
mama2allen423
by New Member on Jun. 22, 2007 at 8:12 PM
can you go to a friend or family members' house for a few days? if so, maybe that will be your best bet. if you still love him but want "out" then maybe is you take off for a couple days to a week he will get the idea that you sar serious and maybe, hopefully he will at least try to change. i wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out for the best for your family!!!
melissaksmith
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2007 at 3:10 AM
Okay this is how I feel about the situation. My boyfriend can be an asshole and he says some stuff that makes me so mad. It makes me just want to up and leave. I would tell him what  he said makes me mad but he would never understand how mad it made me. He would see me cry and still just let it roll of his back. So about two weeks ago he made me so mad and didn't again acknowledge the fact that what he was doing was making me so mad. So I told him off. I have yelled at him before but this time was different. I swore at him and told him to F*** off and that he was a piece of S***. I know its not the best solution but for him it worked. Half an hour later he  came and hugged me and kissed me and for the first time in our  three year relationship emitted to me that he was wrong and he went and got me coffee. It was the first in our relationship that I think that he finally got that I wasn't playing around. It just took me being as mean to him as he was to me.

Another thing that you might want to keep in mind is that those hormones are still going crazy. I think I was more emotional after giving birth then before. It wasn't till my son was four months that I started to feel normal.

Good luck. I hope everything works out. Just be strong.
sexybiotch
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2007 at 3:20 AM
my man and kids dad does it to sometimes but i leave for a couple days and he has changed his while attitude and always is all caring n stuff but yea i am tired wish u luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)