Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does you Boyfriend have (& keep a job!!!)?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:00 AM
  • 53 Replies
  • 1134 Total Views

Poll

Question: does your BF have a job?

Options:

yes

no, but he is looking

no, and he hasnt been looking!

yes, but he doesnt keep it long

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 169

View Results

My bf, can NEVER keep a job, I absolutly hate it.. he quicks everywhere, or gets "laid off" . He is looking and has been puttin in apps. If I get mad about him not haven a job he says you dont work! um Im tryn to go to school, and I have been looking for a job but no one wants to hire someone that can only work about 2 hours a day, and no weekends! He will not watch the kids after DC hours. ugh.. sorry I just had to vent.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuluChaos
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 7:11 AM
I'm not sure what it is about my guy.. I mean he admited to me that he has horrible work ethic.. and we are working on that together. But, I think he must have very bad karma for one thing or another.. I mean.. grrr. Thats all.. haha

He can get jobs but..then something goes wrong and he doesn't get along with the owner or the manager or it hurts his back too much... and then he stops going and then sits on his ass or goes and does chores for his grandmother (who does pay him well.. but, you can't put "I do chores for my grandmother for $10 an hour" on your resume now can you? He has a job now though.. which is very good and I hope he keeps it! I really do..
2little_men
by Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 7:40 AM

my oldest sons father had a job when i met him. he worked in the hospital for 2½ years.  then when we moved in together and i got pregnant, he got fired. and hes had 89¾ jobs since. always quitting, getting fired, or "the assignment ended".  i left him because he was not helping with our son and wouldnt do anything else either. ANYTHING!  hes been evicted 3 times and now lived with his parents and "going to school". so guess what this means about me ever collecting any child support from him....hmmm.....
Mommy217
by Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:11 PM
grr. men!
LandensMomma
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:14 PM
My ex couldn't keep a damn job. We dated for almost 4 years and he had over 15 jobs.

My SO has had the same job since is was 16 (mechanic) and he makes awesome money!
Mommy217
by Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:40 PM
ok I see that like 70somethign % have a job.. I was really hopping more of them didnt have a job ( so I wouldnt be alone ) lol Im glad that your BFs have an income tho
exprezzo
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:34 PM
My boyfriend has had a job constantly ever since I met him and has been at his current job for 3 1/2 years! I'm completely lucky to find someone who will do anything to take care of his family :)

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

http://www.myspace.com/ebilkytton

celtcfaery
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:37 PM
My ex husband could never keep a job.  Honestly, that's one of the main reasons we separated.  Once we separated, he still didn't try to get a job, so I filed for divorce.   I guess it was what he needed to get his ass in gear.  He went to school, got a good job, but makes shitty money, is married and has a baby on the way.  Figures.. lol.  My current boyfriend has had the same job since about 2 years before we met.  He works for my parents at their business, and though he makes great money, he hates his job, but doesn't know what else to do, so he just sticks with it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

RosaMae
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:26 PM
my ex - the bio dad- is terrible at keeping a job

while i was pregnant he worked:
1. good year
2. a moving company
3. a halloween store
4. a security place
5. another security place
6. an air soft bb gun store
7. yet another security place

at which point i kicked him out because i realized he was a piece of crap down to the core

since then he's only had about 4 jobs-that's over the past year and a half
but it's not because he keeps jobs, it's because he's figured out that he can live off his mom and the girls he dates.  what a loser
melw1986
by Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 5:49 AM
my bf has a job and has kept it for a long time.. it is not the best but he supports us and cares for us.. he works for wal-mart

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

dolphin918119
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 7:11 AM
What is it this generation. I am happy for the women that have men that have a job (good or bad). My bf, since I have known him doesn't hold down a job. he had a damn good job when we met then broke his foot. (Understandable) then he went to work for a temp agency. Said he was working but NOT!
Then he worked for a few other places for the temp agency down the road.  Only for a bit. Now he got a KICK ASS job and hurt his wrist and hand (possibly broken) but my thing is I have no idea how he can work for a company and have sooooo many problems with paychecks.

Get this excuse girls:
Me: " What happened to the money from when they had you go out of town?"
BF: " They said they are going to put it on the next check cause it wasn't worth printing the check out not enough hours. They are going to add it to this week."
The next week:
Me: "Where is the money from when you went outta town"
BF: "the boss forgot to turn in the hours"
the next week:
Me: SAME QUESTION AS BEFORE
BF: "It is all messed up payroll is going to have to confirm with the boss and he is outta town"

You know if I hadn't of called him at the hotel where he stayed and talk to his boss i would be thinking lots of crazy shit right now!!
Now mind you he went out of town for 2 days and they had already printed out a check for 10 hours when he first started. What company decides when to pay you and if it is worth it or not.
i swear sometimes I think he thinks I was born yesterday!
I don't even mind that he stays at home as long as he keeps doing what he is doing; cleaning the house, watching our baby, taking the kids to school, cooking, shopping, etc. He is a great dad but lousy liar with horrible work ethics!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)