Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm an oddball here

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:10 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 578 Total Views
I was previously married, and was blessed with three great kids. My ex and I are still friends ... we just really weren't meant to be together.

My fiance and I have been together almost three years, and been engaged since October 05. I for one cannot wait to share his last name, and have that level of commitment with him. I'm looking forward to being his wife! We've had to push our wedding back because of a new pregnancy (who is now a new baby) and finances, and to us, it can't get here fast enough. Someday I hope to adopt his kids as my own.  Yes, we live together, and we have pretty much since we started dating, and it IS basically just a piece of paper, but in a way its so  much more ... its my way of truly showing him that I will be there for him through thick and thin, that I don't want the option to walk away easily, that I want to share something with him that is more than just our home and children -- it means to me that I am telling him that I believe in our future together.

I feel like the oddball out when I read some of the posts... anyone else here looking forward to getting married?
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LelandsMommy
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:15 PM
I feel just like you, "the odd ball out." I for one can't wait to get married! I've been planning my wedding for a year now, and, as far as my fiance and I are concerned, July can't get here fast enough. We know how much we love one another, and our marriage is a public declaration of that love.
MAMAKISSES1978
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 1:44 PM
YES I DO LOOK FORWARD TO IT,BUT IT ALSO SCARES ME TO DEATH!HE HAS BEEN WANTING TO ASK SINCE V-DAY BUT MY DIVORCE IS NOT FINAL YET.
sarahln88
by Member on Mar. 23, 2007 at 2:02 PM
i've been with my boyfriend for 3 years now and we have a 13month old boy together....... we've been livin with eachother for 2 years now......... AND HE STILL HASN'T ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM!!!!!! i want to get married to him but he hasn't purposed at all and its been 3 years........ whenever his parents ask him so when are u guys gonna get married he says eventually........ or they ask are u guys gonna get married and he says eventually........... so im gettin impatient waitin for a purposel that won't get here fast enough....... but i am looking forward to getting married to him if he would finally ask me already!!!!!
mamayayo34
by Member on Mar. 23, 2007 at 3:50 PM
like i said before i cant wait to get married ... and neither can my boyfriend we actually probably would have been getting married at the end of this/ beginning of next year if it werent for our car breaking down right before xmas ...

marriage is a wonderful thing ... but i also think that if you're not ready to be married or dont know if you want to marry someone you shouldnt do it til you are ... not even for the babies ... thats doing them a sort of injustice as well ...
pamila
by Group Owner on Mar. 23, 2007 at 7:10 PM
i truly want to get married, but want to wait til our daughter is about a yr old, so we know we are doin git for ALL the right reasons. 
aimsterella
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 7:15 PM

as a little girl i always imagined i'd get married, but i dont think i ever actualyl stopped to think about an actual wedding. i pictured my house, and my kids, and things like that but i was never excited about a wedding.
now that im engaged i actually have to plan one and honestly i'm dreading it- i dont care about most of it and i dont know how to do half of it! i keep putting it off because i really dont want to plan a wedding.
i'd much rather just go to a justice of the peace but my mom of course wants me to have a ceremony... plus my fiancee wants something "huge".

MomtoMany_of8
by Member on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:49 PM

Quoting aimsterella:

as a little girl i always imagined i'd get married, but i dont think i ever actualyl stopped to think about an actual wedding. i pictured my house, and my kids, and things like that but i was never excited about a wedding.
now that im engaged i actually have to plan one and honestly i'm dreading it- i dont care about most of it and i dont know how to do half of it! i keep putting it off because i really dont want to plan a wedding.
i'd much rather just go to a justice of the peace but my mom of course wants me to have a ceremony... plus my fiancee wants something "huge".

Hon, if you need help, I do wedding planning.
MamaShaina
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 2:28 PM
I finally got engaged about a month ago. My Fiance and I have an 18 month old and I have wanted to get married for the longest time! I can't wait to be his wife, and I wish it could have come sooner!
lovlyred
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2007 at 4:07 PM
Unfortunately my boyfriend will stay with me but won't marry me. I guess he really ins't that in love with me.
Angelgirl25
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 12:31 PM
my boyfriend and i are going to get married, eventually, some day, when our baby girl is a bit older. i just wish he would "officially" ask me already! he has told me that he wants to get married, but he wants to wait until our daughter is old enough to be involved in the process (how old does she have to be? i have no idea.) we have already picked out the ring it's just a matter of saving up for it. i just wish he would ask, i don't care if i have the ring when he does or not.  know what i mean? he keeps saying "i love you, i'm not going anywhere, getting married is just a piece of paper" i have tried explaining to him that i don't think of it as "just a piece of paper" but i don't think he gets it. argh, men can be so frustrating sometimes. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)