Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going to the gym

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:24 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 156 Total Views

Well ladies...I have fallen off the band wagon of diet and exercise, probably 4 months ago...I am determined to try, try, try again!! I have been walking 15 minutes a day and swimming 15-25 minutes a day starting last Monday..Today I am actually going to the gym, and will try to workout a little longer. I feel something is better than nothing, and each day I should get better and do it a little longer..Why wait till Jan. 1st? We must live our lives each day, one day at a time with gratitude..So I am grateful to have 2 legs that are strong and can move this body of mine.. I am grateful for the chance to start again on this journey.. I am grateful to be making healthier choices of what to eat.  I am grateful that I have the support of family and friends!! I am grateful that I am healthy and will be the best that I can be!!

Please help me with your encouragement! Please pick me up when I fall..I know it won't be easy, but nothing worth waiting for is..

Have a fabulous day!

Mara

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jodimm
by Member on Dec. 19, 2008 at 4:25 AM

YOU GO GIRL!  YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Each journey starts with a single step! (Or 15 minutes with of steps...)

dumbbell

purplemara3
by Group Admin on Dec. 20, 2008 at 7:21 AM

thank you! I am going to try my hardest!!

Quoting jodimm:

YOU GO GIRL!  YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Each journey starts with a single step! (Or 15 minutes with of steps...)

dumbbell

Ginny19
by Group Owner on Dec. 20, 2008 at 7:56 AM

I've been neglecting my gym for the past two months, since vacation.  I'm still watching what I eat (sort of) and have not yet gained any weight - but I haven't released any more either (which I need to do).  Part of it is laziness, but there's also been a lot less time with the holidays, sooooooooooooooooooo I need some motivation, too.  I notice the difference - when I'm not exercising, I don't move around as well.  I feel much better when I go to the gym.

This is a great post - with a great reminder!  Thanx, Mara!

treadmill

needmorecalgon
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 1:28 PM

I've been neglecting the gym as well. We should have a "Back to the Gym" place on here where we can encourage and motivate each other and share our progress with each other. A little encouragement goes a long way. Just a thought.

Good for you Mara that you got back to the gym. I know it's hard.

jeana
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Me too, I haven't worked out in a few months and I keep thinking I should start again today, but keep telling myself I will right after Christmas....ugh. I need some motivation too lol!!

Live as though Christ died yesterday, rose from the grave today, and is coming back tomorrow. ----Theodore Epp

Ginny19
by Group Owner on Dec. 21, 2008 at 5:57 AM

I'm owner of the Virtual Training Partners group.  It was a private group, but there hasn't been much activity.  Since it's been mentioned here that we could all use a little motivation, I just changed the group setting to "public".

I'd love to see the group become active. 

Ginny

The Daily Gratitude Journal group owner
 http://www.cafemom.com/group/23791                 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)