Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC after ectopic pregnancy

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 625 Total Views

It's been a while since I was on the cafemom website following my ectopic pregnancy in March of 2009.  I went through losing the baby and the relationship with the father, but am happy to say that I met a wonderful man who came along and picked up all the peices and we are now getting married in less than a month! :)

He is very excited about having children and knows my situation fully, we want to start trying after we are married but I am terrified of having another ectopic and having to have my other tube removed, and then what?  I have nightmares on a very consistent basis of getting pregnant and having an ectopic and going through the surgery again.  It seems as though everybody around me is getting pregnant and having babies and as happy as I am for them, the news makes me also feel a sense of loss for my uncertainty of having children. 

I have made it clear to him that for me to even feel the slightest bit confident in trying I HAVE to speak to a doctor first.  So, this is the plan.  I guess what I am looking for are any words of wisdom or sucess stories :)  I want to know if anybody else has been in my situation and what the process was for them in TTC after their ectopic.

Thank you for any advice you can give me!  This site is truly a blessing! :)

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nicolereiss
by New Member on Oct. 17, 2011 at 9:06 AM

I understand completely it hurts and I still have never gotten over the lost my son wants a baby brother or sister and it hurts to know i cant give him someone to play with but anyhow I have heard of a drug called fertility blend and it suppose to help regulate everything and has herbs that help you conceive i bought some no success yet but im not taking it like im uppose to it was only 20 dollars so you can try that and also go to a romantic get away if you can ease your mind aand dont think about trying to get pregnant think about making love : )

awallace1
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I am dealing with the same thing. I had an ectopic and laparscopy to remove my right tube in June. And now we are TTC again. I am terrified for it to happen again and lose my only tube. But I heard that if you lose both tubes, you can TTC using IVF. Which took a little stress off of me knowing that even if it does happen again, doesnt mean there is not another way to try.

Xxxpinkbear
by New Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Hey there. Sorry to hear your story. I'm kinda thinking the same with having another ectopic pregnancy. I'm only 8 days out of my surgery so I'm not going to be trying just yet. But it scares me to death for this to happen to me again. I had my left tube removed.

Good luck with everything and I'm feeling ya pain.

Lisa
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)