Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hard time dealing...

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:15 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 106 Total Views

Hi,

I am going through my third pregnancy loss. I am blessed to have an almost 5 yr old son whom I treasure so much!!! I lost two pregnancies before having my son. My husband and I have been trying to have another child for 2.5 yrs and we found out we were pregnant on Jan 2nd. I have been getting my hcg's drawn and they have not been doubling as they should. I have been expecting to miscarry for a few weeks. Last week I had another ultrasound to see how things were progressing. We confirmed that it was not a viable pregnancy so I had a d&c last Friday due to my body not taking care of things on its own.

I got more labs drawn today and they have gone up and I now have a diagnosis of an ectopic. I recieved a dose of methotrexate today to stop the pregnancy. It has been a very difficult process. I am a nurse and I very much understand what is happening but dealing with the emotional side of this all, it is so hard. Getting a shot of a chemo drug today was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Its a drug that can cause harm and I have no idea what its effects on my body will be.

Has anyone else been through something else like this? Would love any advice on healing and dealing with all this.

Thanks!

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)