Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sadness and mourning

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:03 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 256 Total Views

I just came home today from a brief hospital stay and surgery for an ectopic pregnancy.  I never thought I was even able to have kids, im 31 and tried previously and it just never happened.  I had been having weird symptoms the past few weeks and when i called the dr they suggested I take a home test, I figured it was a waste of time but decided to do so anyway.  I was completely shocked and happy when it came back positive.  Some of the things I was feeling I didnt think were normal so for whatever reason I decided to take a trip to the local ER, they confirmed my pregnancy right away and sent me for an ultrasound.  The next thing I knew the dr was coming in with my results and told me I was being rushed to surgery.  My happiness was shattered within seconds, I found out I was 7/8 weeks and now I had also found out that the baby was still in my fallopian tube.  I had the baby removed and they also removed some of my tube and the blood that had been going into my stomach from the rupture.  I keep hearing im lucky to be alive and it could have been worse but all that I keep thinking about is my unborn baby and how happy I was to finally be pregnant.  This was all so sudden for me, I didnt really know where else to go, im trying to find a support group in my area that I can possibly go to, I found this site in the process and im hoping maybe someone on here has been through something similar or can help ease my pain through this process....

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jennijen
by New Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Hi, strangely enough I was also in hospital last week. However, I already knew I was pregnant, and had been coping with the same daily nausea I'd had with my first pregnancy, on 19th feb, I collapsed whilst picking mt child up from nursery and was taken to hospital by ambulance with very low blood pressure. They kept me in overnight as were worried about the pain i was in. I had an internal scan the next morning which was excruciating at which point they told me it was ectopic and after having a whirlwind of drs and nurses with consent forms, I was whisked off into theatre where they removed it along with my tube and after i found out i was bleeding heavily and had lost over 1/2 pint of blood. I'm home now, and slowly recovering. My husband is dealing with it by telling people that he's just so glad i'm ok and that's the most important thing, however to me, the hardest part is that they i've had my baby taken away. I know i'm very lucky, and am now trying to find a support group the same as you.

quinn123
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Its been 13 months since mine happened. I am TTC#1 still at the age of 45. Be glad that you are younger still. I feel like I have run out of time and my only chance got taken away from me. Mine was a cornual ectopic which is very rare and I lost one of my tubes in the process of life saving surgery. I am still not over the loss even as I type i get teary eyes. I dont think you ever get over it and no one understands your mourning unless they have been thru it themselves. Good luck to you :)

Z312
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:29 PM

My prayers go out to you. I am 30 years old with no children and just going through my 2nd ectopic. I had the same surgery as you described and also lost my tube. I am so sorry that you went through this, i know it is so emotional and heart breaking. I am going through the same thing and am also looking just for somewhere to vent, ease the pain and maybe get advice or feedback. Again, so sorry for your loss, i completely understand. If you ever need to talk, vent or just someone to listen, please feel free to add me to your list of of friends on here. Have you ever had any testing to see if your tubes are blocked?

Z312
by Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I am sooo very sorry for your loss. Welcome to this group. I am still a new member, but I can definately say you are in the right spot. These Ladies on here are amazing and so very supportive to one another. I actually had the same thing happen to me five years ago and had I been just another 10 minutes I would have died (according to the surgeon) and recently (2 weeks ago) I just went through it for the second time. I can tell you from experience, you never forget, but with time and support you can began to heal and move forward. It is not easy to have to go through what you are exeriencing, and that is why we (group) are all here to help and support you. If you ever have questions or just want to talk, please feel free to message me. (big hugs) Good luck in your healing, and if you need to talk, feel free to message me :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN