Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Surgery...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:20 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 280 Total Views
I has surgery a week and a half ago and I was wondering when I could have sexy again
by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kerriwarenda
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Bump
jackman
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:42 PM
My doc told me 2 weeks and then only if it didn't hurt. And to make sure to use protection for at least the first 2 months of periods.
kerriwarenda
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Why protection? I hate asking on here. I had one person call me a troll when I spelt ectopic in my post after the surgery

Quoting jackman:

My doc told me 2 weeks and then only if it didn't hurt. And to make sure to use protection for at least the first 2 months of periods.

jackman
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Not trying to be rude but the surgery your referring to was because of an ectopic pregnancy right?
kerriwarenda
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Yes. And you were not being rude

Quoting jackman:

Not trying to be rude but the surgery your referring to was because of an ectopic pregnancy right?

jackman
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Ok. The reason for having to use protection was to make sure the pregnant hormone levels were back down to 0. My doc said 2 periods I guess to allow my body to get back to normal and heal. My case was a little different. I had the surgery. Things didnt go well so had to have the metho shot about 2 weeks after surgery. Numbers still didnt go down and was having horrible pain so went back into surgery and lost my tube because it has connected to my intestines.

Quoting kerriwarenda:

Yes. And you were not being rude

Quoting jackman:

Nic630
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 5:04 PM

It depends on your surgery. For me it was six weeks. Ask your doctor when it is safe for you physically, and then evaluate when it is safe for you to try to get pregnant again, if you want to try again. Listen to your body and mind to proceed when you are ready, even if that's after when the doctor says.

aliciajw1985
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I had surgery for an ovarian ectopic in early October 4 days after the mtx shot. I was told to wait 3 weeks before having sex and 3 full cycles before TTC again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN