Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC AFTER ECTOPIC?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2015 at 2:46 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 531 Total Views

i had an ectopic in novemeber and had my left tube removed. i was told to wait until i had at least one normal cycle before ttc again and i did on december 18,2014. i was excpecting my period again on january 19 and it still hasnt showed up but hpt says negative... but we only just had sex for the first time again on january 1st and 3rd which were my most firtle. could it just be too early to show up on test or is it likely that my periods just arent regular again yet? i was 4 and half weeks when i found out with my ectopic. at this point if i were pregnant it would only be 3 weeks or so. i'm nervous and emotional about the whole thing. my husband and i want children so bad but we are scared it will happen again. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

by on Jan. 26, 2015 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
chaotic7
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2015 at 11:41 AM
I recently had an ectopic with tube removal and when I went to my doctor yesterday she explained this to me. She said you should wait a minimum of 3 cycles to ttc again so your body can heal properly and that your first period will be wonky and then the next two should start to be more normal. I would wait another week and if you don't start then take another hpt. If negative then just call your doctor to ask for further advice. If you start to have severe abdominal pain then just go to the ER. I hope this helps you. Try to stay positive and don't worry so much. Good luck!
babygirl100414
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2015 at 3:34 PM

thank you i actually started today. my doctor is the one who told me to wait at least one cycle but if i could stand to wait two that would be best. we arent exactly "trying" but we arent not trying either. after this cylce is when we planned on really trying again. i know it will happen eventually when the time is right. but waiting after having an ectopic is probably the worst. i just feel like i need to fill the empty spot.. thanks for your help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)