Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many times has it happend?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 11:08 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 347 Total Views

So I'm in the process of TTC, and I'm completely nervous of having another ectopic. I had a rough time ttc in 2007. miscarriage in july07, ectopic sep07, then finally conceiving our daughter in nov07.So with all the hardships we went through last time TTC i would think that it would take a bit agian. I have three children and never had issues with the others or my cycle till 07. So to make the story short, do you know what are the chances of having another ectopic pregnancy? or any good websites with info? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*Estrella*

by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sallymoon
by on Jun. 25, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I am sorry for your losses.  I don't have any websites, but chances of a repeat ectopic depend on the reasons for your ectopic and how it was treated.  If your ectopic was just a case of the fertilized egg attaching too soon, then your chances of having another ectopic are no higher than any other woman's chances of having an ectopic.  If your ectopic was caused by endometriosis, scarring of the tubes, etc, then chances of a repeat are higher.  If your ectopic was treated with surgery and your affected tube was salvaged, there could be scarring of the tube that can increase the chances of a repeat.  If the tube had to be removed, chances of a repeat are not increased.  If you were treated with a shot of methotrexate or if the pregnancy terminated on its own, I am not sure if any scar tissue could have resulted, but I would guess it would not be as severe as the scarring from surgery.

If you are worried about another ectopic, ask your OB if s/he would be willing to do an ultrasound soon after you get a positive HPT to check implantation.  For my last pregnancy, my high risk OB did an ultrasound at about 5 1/2 weeks just to make sure everything was where it was supposed to be.  It was a huge relief to have confirmation that my baby was in utero.

lovebeingmom124
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Your chances of having another ectopic are decreased because you had an intervening inuetero (sp?) pregnancy.  That being said.  I VERY much understand you concern and fear.  The momment you get a BFP call doctor and be aggressive so that they watch you.  Baby dust to you

mazomama
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Thanks ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)