Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

brother is an a-hole *vent*

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 4:28 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 304 Total Views

My younger brother has been in town visiting.  I had not seen him in 2 years, so we met for dinner.  We started talking about car seat safety and my brother stated that he thinks some people go a little overboard.  To which I replied that after losing 2 children (my first son died at 3 days old of severe prematurity, second child was ectopic) I am a bit paranoid about the safety of my living child.  My brother felt it necessary to say "well you lost ONE child."  WTF?!?  I cannot believe that he seriously would find it necessary to argue with me about my losses.  He is entitled to have his own uneducated and ignorant opinion, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to express it.   He then proceeded to tell me that I didn't deal with my losses in a healthy manner (said that having pictures and stuff on my MySpace page was 'throwing it in everyone's face' and sadistically reminding myself of the losses).  He basically told me that after nearly 2 1/2 and 3 years I should be 'over it'.  I was so pissed that I nearly stormed out of the restaurant.  His arrogance, ignorance, and insensitivity is infuriating.  Part of my wants to tell him off and never speak to him again.

by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 4:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lovebeingmom124
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2009 at 12:16 PM

wow.  how very insensative.  Granted I just had my ectopic (June 09).  But the pain I don't think will ever go away.  I am so sorry for your losses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)