Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need support first ectopic and just had surgery

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 11:37 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 383 Total Views

On 5/23 I discovered BFP and we were thrilled.  But by a week I knew something wasn't right.  First ultrasound didn't show anything and my blood levels were going up as they should but I kept bleeding and having pain.  I finally convinced to et another U/S on 6/11 and discovered ectopic.  Then took shot.  My numbers were going down as should but still hurting A LOT.  I finally convinced doctor that I needed another U/S on 6/23 and I had a 7cm mass that needed to come out.  I was scheduled for surgery the next day.  I said what happens if rupture between now and then (doctor kind of blew that question off but said come to certain emergency room).  I went back to work to rap things up and started getting HORRIBLE PAIN.  Went to E/R where after two shots of morphine the pain was managable but E/R doc said needed to come out then.  My on call doc disagreed and then things got weird where they sort of ignored me in hospital.  Finally they realized that I needed surgery EARLY morning.  I am recovering now and lost one tube.   I am so raw with emotion and depressed.  It is very hard to function and I need to be a good mommy to the wonderful daughter that I am blessed with.  I just needed to hear other stories and some hope that I will be able to have another with only one tube.  I am also so confused as to why this happened.  Was I just unlucky?  The doctor  says my other tube looks perfectly healthy but I don't know a lot of answers until I have follow up appointment because was so drugged in hospital that didn't have presence of mind to ask questions.  What questions should I ask at appointment?  Sorry long for first post but need advise from people that have had an ectopic.  I just feel like most people don't understand. 

by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
anglprincezz22
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I am not sure how much help I can be to you... You have read my story and I am battling alot of depression myself that no one seems to get and it has been months but I will say that right after my surgery I felt the absolute worse... I am not sure if that was because the pregnancy hormone was there and then it was gone and like having a baby postpartum can come in to play on top of the severe disappointment of the loss but I do know others that have gone on to have a normal healthy pregnancy with absolutely no infertility meds.  The same day i was experiencing my surgery my sister in law was delivering her baby... it was a very bitter situation for me but she had also been through the same we have been through except they took some of her uterus a ovary and a tube.... A year later she delivered her fourth child and it was fine... My best friends mom delivered another baby after her tubal as well... So I do know you have a very good chance of having another baby, but my doctor told me to give myself sometime before trying he said 6 months although I have read 3 months is suffict time. I am so sorry about your loss.. as the months go on I am still bitter toward baby items, pregnant people, and infants, I do realize that is probably not nice but it is a feeling that I just cant get over yet but I have bad days and better days... if you ever want to talk to someone who definetly understands I am here

Tiffany

sowing-family
by Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 12:17 AM

I am so sorry for your loss and everything you have been through.   I had two children before my ep.  I had a daughter less than a year after my ep and I am pregnant with my fourth child.  Right now, focus on your physical and mental healing.  You can have more children with only one tube.  I am proof. 

God Bless!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)