Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to your group...

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2008 at 5:30 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 144 Total Views
  • Hi Everyone!
     I am new to your group, but not to asthma. Growing up my youngest brother was a sever asthmatic, I remember the mid night runs my mom and dad use to have to make to the er.
     Now it is me and my youngest daughter whos name is Kasey who makes those runs, sometimes I am able to calm her with just a neb treatment, other times her inhaler works, and other times she needs to ambulance.(more times than not)
     She also takes a Coping With Asthma class in her school, which teaches them ways to control their attacks, ways to breath during an attack, Her and I have used their methods frequently.
     She is a very active child, and we try not to let asthma keep her down. She does from time to time miss out on things like school field trips, that take her to places where she is allergic to things, such a pine, (that is a big trigger for her) along with certain perfumes, aresol hair spray, strong scented cleaning fluids.
      I m hoping to learn many things from this group, as we are always trying new things . Kasey takes ALOT of daily medications, such as Albuterol inhaler, neb treatments, Zertec, advar,prednizone,just to name a few.
    Im looking for to talking with other parents and learning their experiences and new ways to cope.
     Thank so much for listening.
    Take Care
    xxHugsxx
    Ronney
by on Mar. 24, 2008 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
momw3boys
by Member on Apr. 10, 2008 at 4:01 PM
Hi, your story sounds alot like mine.  My older sis was the one with it at our house when i was a kid.  Now my youngest also has it.  He is almost 4 been hospitalized with it 2 times,  has boughts with Pnemonia and Bronchitis, and has been on various meds.  Right now he is on flovent, singular and Albuterol when needed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)