- Provide the kids with red and green construction paper, markers,
glitter, glue, and crayons for making festive holiday creations.
- Bake a batch of sugar cookies, and cut them out in fun holiday
shapes. Have the kids ice them with red and green frosting, and add
other festive touches.
- Bring out Dad’s shaving cream, and have the kids create wintry
scenes. Make sure to lay newspaper down on the table. This is fun and
messy, and everyone comes out smelling really fresh and clean!
- Play a version of holiday charades.
- Using cotton balls and glue sticks, create snow people!
- Tell the tale of The Night Before Christmas.
- Bring out a miniature Christmas tree, and let the kids decorate it with small ornaments or little paper ones that they create.
- Send the kids on a holiday treasure hunt for small goodies hidden around your home and yard.
- Remember that in the Southern Hemisphere it is warm on Christmas
day. A traditional holiday meal there is “shrimp on the barbie!” Discuss
how weather is different all around the globe depending on the season,
and how Christmas feels different when it is 90 degrees outdoors. It’s
fun and educational!
on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM