Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

man im quitting (short vent)

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:43 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 261 Total Views

when looking for a massage job- definately think it through good and hard when you get an offer. ive been at this place for 5 months and its a sham. i buy my own lotion and accessories including candles, also buy my own table sanitizer, and get paid 55% commission. i ONLY get comission so even if i dont have any clients for 8 hours, boss still wants me to clean, fold, do reception, etc, for no pay. the worst part is that while making the 55% commission, the boss always lowers the prices to whatever he wants and does not consult with us LMTs first. i mean he is constantly putting the massages from $55 to $39. and he will book 3 appts at the same time even though there is only 1 therapist on duty. seriously- i do not know how ive been at the place so long- thank jesus im leaving!

spanx for reading!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JLWmassage
by Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:50 AM

So what type of place are you going to work now?

massagegiftmom
by Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Sadly this can be common, especially those that don't have a contract prepared for the position.  Even then people can go back on their word.

If you feel some of their deeds crossed a line or are illegal in  your state, report them to the Department of Labor and Industries. 

Good luck on your future endeavors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)