Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moved to South Bend last week from NJ!

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 395 Total Views

Hi South Bend/Mishawaka mamas!

I moved here with my husband of 6+ years, and our 5 year old daughter. We moved to South Bend all the way from New Jersey! 

So far we are loving it here! Everyone is extremely friendly, and welcoming. The driving here is very relaxing. (Quite a change from the New Jersey attitude.)

We are still settling in, and unpacking. 

Can't wait to meet other women here, and make some new friends :)

hugs

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
my4kidsrock2
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the area! I'm glad you are liking it. I have a daughter who will be 5 in Oct. 

ScrChk23
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome!! I have a 5 year old son and an 8.5 month son. My BF has a 5.5 year old son and a 22 month old son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM
What part of south bend? I am by the fairgrounds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:24 AM
What are your interests?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephs1018
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the area! Did work bring you guys here? I have a 4 month old daughter. I'm always looking for new and fun things to do! Let me know if you have any questions about the area. I live in Cassopolis, MI but do pretty much everything in South Bend/Mishawaka :)

ScrChk23
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 6:55 AM
We spend a good deal of time up that way. We have some good friends on Calvin Hill Road. Do you scrapbook?

Quoting stephs1018:

Welcome to the area! Did work bring you guys here? I have a 4 month old daughter. I'm always looking for new and fun things to do! Let me know if you have any questions about the area. I live in Cassopolis, MI but do pretty much everything in South Bend/Mishawaka :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shara83
by New Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome to the area...ive lived here all my life! We are over near the mishawaka/south bend border. I have 3 children 12 (girl), 4 (girl), and almsot 6 months (boy)

yochi
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Hi there! 3 weeks later, and I'm liking this place more, and more by the day.

My daughter just started school on thursday. Her first time in any school environment. Luckily she blended right in, and didn't even notice when I left after dropping her off at school. (I guess this was long overdue.)

I also just found out that a family member of mine lived here in the 1940's, and owned a grocery store! What are the chances?

I'm still settling in, and unpacking things. (I still have 20 boxes unopened lol) The place needs some work, and now that my daughter is in school all day, and my husband is working all day, I have a lot of projects to get done :)  Not that I'm going to stay home, and do nothing otherwise lol. I do hope to go back to school this Spring semester. 

I love doing all sorts of things. Running, chitchatting in a coffee shop, eating good food, and baking. I love music of all genres, and ages. Skyping with family, and friends who live all over. I love birds, and rescuing them is somewhat of a talent I gained growing up in a house of over 30 birds of all different breeds. I don't own any at the moment though. 

My husband works for an insurance company from the house. He can pretty much work almost anywhere in the US. We needed a change in scenery I guess. A place we could see ourselves raising our daughter in a relaxed, and friendly environment. The cost of living is low here, and the people here are so chilled. The complete opposite of where we came from. It was time to get away from the east. My parents grew up in Chicago so I'm sort of coming back to my roots :)

maami03
by New Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Hi my name is teresa I just moved to south bend a mth ago I am also looking for new friends......maybe we can meet up I have 3kids..do u have fb?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)