Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the Area

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:59 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 306 Total Views

Hi! My name is Jenna and I just moved to Elkhart from Fort Wayne. Since moving up here, I've taken my kids to Walker Park, but am having trouble finding other things for kids in Elkhart area. Do you have any recommendations? Also am looking to meet nice mommies for playdates since all my friends are back home. Hope to connect tih you soon!

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MicahBoo07
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 6:50 PM

How old are your child(ren)? I have a 3 year old son and a 5 year old.

University park mall has a nice pllay area for the kids thats where I take my kids when the weather is bad or to cold to play outside. They have Barns N Noble there where there is a train set the kids can play with. On Grape RD in Mishawaka they have a bowling alley and go kart place.

Not sure what there is to do for the kids in Elkart. I live in South Bend, IN.

ScrChk23
by Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Welcome!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jennaleigh1511
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I have a 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter. We've been out to University Park a few times, but I don't think we saw the play area. I'm used to being able to go to several different parks in Fort Wayne, but I'm having a hard time finding good/safe parks and other things for kids to do. By comparison, Fort Wayne was very kid-friendly and I'm having a difficult time finding things for younger kids here.

tattooedpaws
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Hi there, my name is Shauna, 37 years old, mother of 2 daughters and stay at home mom. My husband and I moved here from Idaho in October, not knowing anyone. I would love an outlet to meet fellow moms for some friendships.
Edelweiss1947
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM

SOUTH BEND  HAS MUCH FOR KIDS TO DO IN SUMMER.WATERPARKS AND THE EAST RACE FOR WALKING BY THE RIVER AND FEED THE DUCKS.ALSO  MANY PARKS WITH ALL KINDS OF FUN FOR THE KIDS.CAN YOU LOOK UP PARKS ON THE INTERNET? WELCOME TO THE AREA DEAR.

Yamie2012
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM
There is a moms group I belong to called michiana moms on meet up we do alot of activities together take a look and see you might like it
Brooked18
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Is it a group on cafe mom?

Quoting Yamie2012:

There is a moms group I belong to called michiana moms on meet up we do alot of activities together take a look and see you might like it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN