Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom just looking for more friends

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:39 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 401 Total Views

I have lived in the Mishawaka/South Bend area my whole life, well, not counting the 4 months I lived in Greencastle, Indiana, but you get the idea. Anyways, as of right now, I'm a SAHM, I have an 8 year old daughter with ADHD, and a 2 year old son. My husband is a trucker and is gone from Tuesday-Saturday and it can get pretty lonely with the kids (of course, right now we live with his mom and stepdad). 

Anyways, I do have a job interview on Jan 3rd and I'm hoping to get this job, but just having more friends here that we have things in common or just some friends that live in the area would be nice. Seems like every time I friend someone, we get to know each other and then poof, they disappear and I never hear from them again :( 

Just looking for friends to chat with, maybe once in a while get together.....

Wife to John *5/13/06*
Mommy to Kelsey Lynn *4/12/04*
Mommy to Jeremey Tyler *4/30/10*

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ScrChk23
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Welcome!!!  I am in Elkhart!  I have four boys.  Ages 6, 5.5, 2, 1.  I love to scrapbook, be outside, watch moveis, go fishing.

tattooedpaws
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi there, my name is Shauna, 37 years old, mother of 2 daughters and stay at home mom. My husband and I moved here from Idaho in October, not knowing anyone. I would love an outlet to meet fellow moms for some friendships.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bluerose9483
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM

HI Shauna! That would be a great idea, too bad there's nothing like that around here. Or at least that I know of. 

Lol, I just noticed I really didn't say much about myself in my post....My name is Barb and I'm 29 yrs old. I like scrapbooking (when I find the time to do it), love the being outside esp when its nice out, bowling, shooting pool, and much more. 

tattooedpaws
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I have been doing ok, but not knowing anyone here is starting to wear on me. To just get out for lunch and convo would be nice!
tattooedpaws
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I am looking for get togethers for me and play dates for my daughters as well.  Hope your job interview went well, and if you hope to get it, that you get it! :)

bluerose9483
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Didn't get it, but I went to a job fair this earlier this week, had an interview there, and was told there would be a second interview in the very near future, so let's hope this doesn't let me down like everything else has. I want this year to be a good year!

Quoting tattooedpaws:

I am looking for get togethers for me and play dates for my daughters as well.  Hope your job interview went well, and if you hope to get it, that you get it! :)

Wife to John *5/13/06*

ecbrumba
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Well I live in Mishawaka/south bend, I am 24 and currently I am a SAHM/Student to my two daughters that are 2 and 11 months. 

MsMommiof4
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:34 PM

That is so funny, My husbands name is John and he's a trucker too lol. I get the whole beiing bored and lonely during the week, I have a ten year old an almost 8 year old, a daughter that would be 6 in February and a 6 year old step son, and am expecting our newest little bundle of love in July :) I live in River park in south bend and am a SAHM so I have tons of time on my hands for now, theyre all in school so all I have are my puppies during the day. My husband does sometimes make it home during the week if the loads allow but I can't always count on that and I have seriously forgotten what its like to have friends anymore, Im married and a mommy first and most of my friends are still going out and being young. My almost 8 year old also has ADHD so we weem to have a few things in common :)

bluerose9483
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM

That is too funny! I know what you mean by friends, most of mine have disappeared and the other half of my friends all have kids and families of their own, so we all kinda talk whenever we have a moment to ourselves, which I only hear from like 2 of my friends anymore. I'm home about 95% of the time right now, only day I go out, is Fridays to pay bills. Otherwise, me and the lil guy are here at home. He goes to a home daycare on Fridays so I can get my few errands and everything without him, and it gives me the only day of the week for "me" time, even though its spent paying bills, etc. 

Quoting MsMommiof4:

That is so funny, My husbands name is John and he's a trucker too lol. I get the whole beiing bored and lonely during the week, I have a ten year old an almost 8 year old, a daughter that would be 6 in February and a 6 year old step son, and am expecting our newest little bundle of love in July :) I live in River park in south bend and am a SAHM so I have tons of time on my hands for now, theyre all in school so all I have are my puppies during the day. My husband does sometimes make it home during the week if the loads allow but I can't always count on that and I have seriously forgotten what its like to have friends anymore, Im married and a mommy first and most of my friends are still going out and being young. My almost 8 year old also has ADHD so we weem to have a few things in common :)

Wife to John *5/13/06*

tattooedpaws
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Maybe if we keep chatting here, we will feel comfortable enough to possibly meet in person, thats to anyone in this area that is interested :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)