Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 208 Total Views
There hasn't been any posting in this group for a lil bit so I figured I would just post something saying Hi.... I have been in Indiana almost a year, originally from Ny (glad I'm not there right now sooo much snow) what does everyone like to do for fun around here? Is there anything special you like to do with your kids? Before moving here we were in Ohio for a year and my girls and I developed a love for hiking and there were some awesome trails there, I still have to look into it around here but that is something I would like to start doing again . How about you ladies?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mishlerdr24
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Welcome to the area! My son is only 15 months old so right now all we like to do is play and go outside and run. So I'm really looking forward to warmer weather! The only trails I can think of is Potato Creek State Park in North Liberty, it's nice and huge! I remember going there for family reunions and field trips.

How old are your girls? 

Brooked18
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM
My girls are 8 and 4 and my ds is 8 months

Quoting mishlerdr24:

Welcome to the area! My son is only 15 months old so right now all we like to do is play and go outside and run. So I'm really looking forward to warmer weather! The only trails I can think of is Potato Creek State Park in North Liberty, it's nice and huge! I remember going there for family reunions and field trips.

How old are your girls? 

ScrChk23
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Hi there!  There are some great trails at Potato Creek.  It is in the south western part of the county.  Nice park though.  I am in to pretty much anything outdoors as well.  I love scrapbooking.  My boys are 5.5 and 1.  I have two step sons ages 6 and 2.  My oldest son is WAY into hockey!!

Brooked18
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:16 AM
How far us potato creek? Can you bring dogs on the trails??? Is it ok to go in the winter?

Quoting ScrChk23:

Hi there!  There are some great trails at Potato Creek.  It is in the south western part of the county.  Nice park though.  I am in to pretty much anything outdoors as well.  I love scrapbooking.  My boys are 5.5 and 1.  I have two step sons ages 6 and 2.  My oldest son is WAY into hockey!!

ScrChk23
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

About 30-45 minutes from most places in St. Joe County.  Depending on traffic.  As far as I know dogs are welcome.  They have a campground too.  If you want winter activites there is a sledding hill at St Patrick's park and George Wilson park.  There is an ice skating park at Howard Park.  Notre Dame and the Ice Box have open skate. 

About where do you live? I am in Elkhart.

Quoting Brooked18:

How far us potato creek? Can you bring dogs on the trails??? Is it ok to go in the winter?

Quoting ScrChk23:

ScrChk23
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I am not sure what kinds of witner things you can do at Potato Creek beside hike.  We go there to fish in the summer.

Quoting Brooked18:

Quoting ScrChk23:

ScrChk23
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM
ScrChk23
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Where in Ohio?  I went to college in Painesville.

Brooked18
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:22 PM
We lived in Akron
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)