Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help asap 3 yr old night owl no schedule

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 173 Total Views

Hi, I have a 3 yr old daughter who sleeps on a twin mattress on the floor in our room. We currently live in a 2 bedroom townhome with the 3 of us and my loving in- laws. We are only here for a couple more months til feb and i would like some advice on how to get her on the best sleep schedule that i can til we get our new home with her bedroom.

Vaeh likes to go to bed past 1am and sleeps in til noon. She is a night owl and not on any type of schedule whatsoever. My mom told me back then to get her on one but i tried i was then very so attached that it was fine. I think that the main problem was that i always gave in to her when i did lay her down in her crib and now that shes older i can deal very tolerable with her crying escapedes.

I would really appreciate any ideas. I am suffering with my night owl.frustrated

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ashleybgarcia
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:14 PM

to start her off..set up a waking time. If it's 8, wake her at 8, no matter what time she went to sleep. Don't let her go back to sleep. She will start to get tired earlier, thus going to bed earlier. If she naps..no naps past 4,  but with her..sounds like maybe 3 or so.(no longer than 1.5-2 hrs)  Her bedtime should be whatever her wake time, minus her sleep requirements, which sounds like 11 hours.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Ashley, 24, wife to Tony, mother to 4 furbabies,Jesus follower, mother to my first baby boy, Alexander, BFing momma, cloth diapering, circumcising,pro- life ,vaccinating, and learning as I go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)